R&D Engineer II Remote
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us each unique, we become collectively better.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic team responsible for research, design, and development of state-of-the-art software for electronics reliability analysis. The R&D Engineer II contributes to the development of Ansys Sherlock and supporting systems. In this role, the R&D Engineer II will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to understand customer requirements and accomplish development objectives.
- Performs moderately complex development activities, including the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation of software modules and sub-systems
- Understands and employs best practices
- Performs moderately complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products. Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Understands the marketing requirements for a product, including target environment, performance criteria and competitive issues
- Works under the general supervision of a lead developer
- BS in Computer Science with 2 years' experience or MS
- Demonstratable experience with Java desktop applications
- Technical knowledge and commercial experience with Java desktop applications, development, object-oriented design, software configuration management, scripting languages, data structures and algorithms
- Experience in a large-scale commercial software development environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems. Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to change the world with innovative technology and transformational solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020 Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible Companies.
For more information, please visit us at
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.