Labor Relations Specialist- Remote
labor relations remote data labor relations team lr manages litigation billing senior bargaining
January 24, 2023
Providence, Rhode Island
Purpose: Provides support for the Labor Relations Department in in all aspects of labor relations.
- Under the supervision of SVP of LR and other senior LR associates, reviews contracts and prepares initial summaries and surveys of contract provisions and other related research and substantive work
- Manages Labor Relations team files and contracts, including data entry required to support automated summaries.
- Manages litigation hold process for Labor Relations team, including entry into automated litigation hold system, conducting litigation hold interviews with all identified associates (including senior leaders), and arranges collection and storage of identified relevant documents and files.
- Provide bargaining support for contract negotiations, including costing work, attending bargaining as needed, and preparation of proposals and draft agreements.
- Support company Grievance and Arbitration Database, including coordination with all HRMs on a monthly basis to confirm data is current and preparing reports for leadership.
- Analyze data relating to Taft-Hartley plan health coverage offered to certain union associates for ACA compliance and advise Benefits team regarding results on a monthly basis.
- Gather data from Peoplesoft relating to multi-employer pension plan participation and provide reporting to company actuaries and accounting team.
- Function as a billing administrator in e-billing platform, including inputting new matters, reviewing invoices for compliance with billing guidelines and communicate with outside vendors and internal stakeholders regarding the same.
- Support SVP on budgeting and invoicing matters from third party service providers, including independent coordination of monthly and quarterly accruals process
- Schedules meetings and makes meeting arrangements
- Participate in projects on behalf of the LR team and coordinate activities across departments and follow up to ensure that requests are carried out.
- Compiles information and data from various sources for specific departmental reports, and creates reports, graphs and data comparisons.
- Manages inbound and outbound correspondence and responds to inquiries that require specialized knowledge of the function to respond.
Education/ Certifications/or Equivalent combination of education training and experience:
- AA or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior experience with labor relations and/or employment matters or human resources a plus
- Fluency in Spanish a plus
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Ability to handle sensitive information and confer with colleagues at all levels of the organization Experience with Word, PowerPoint and other office software.
- Familiar with spreadsheet software at a level to open and print spreadsheets, format straightforward spreadsheets, i.e. create columns and headings, choose font type and size, input data, sort data and searches
- Advanced knowledge of database and word-processing programs
- Familiarity with Peoplesoft and Tableau a plus; if not familiar, will be expected to develop skills as part of job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Pay Range: $50,000 - 90,500 Annually ($24.04 - 43.51 Hourly)
Report this job