Remote Corporate Development Manager
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
Actively seek out and engage with existing regional propane related business targets for evaluation and potential acquisition purchase. Responsible for delivering key annual M&A objectives for AmeriGas.
- 5+ years' experience in direct sales, sales management and operations of the propane industry or related; M&A experience a plus
- Highly Skilled Negotiator
- Hunter mentality
- Strong communications skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skillset critical to this role
- Highly motivated, self-starter and great ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential acquisitions located in markets that have exhibited the potential to successfully grow AmeriGas earnings.
- Build strong, collegial relationships with key stakeholders, subject matter experts, legal, procurement, operations, and other key AmeriGas departments to ensure a solid foundation exists to enable a fast start to ultimately acquire ideal targets
- Respond effectively to offers made by brokers and investment bankers.
- Evaluate financial reporting pertaining to acquisition targets.
- Working in conjunction with AmeriGas operating management and the acquisitions management facilitate the identification of operational requirements associated to the acquisition.
- Develop a financial pro forma and purchase price recommendation for presentation, review and approval to UGI and AmeriGas management.
- Negotiate a recommended and approved purchase price for the acquisition.
- Participate in the evaluation of business opportunities at target locations and in industries outside of traditional business lines.
- Manages and executes project integration plans with key task owners to achieve end state objective including transitioning staff members to company benefits, payroll, policies, employee onboarding and training to ensure a successful integration.
- Participate in and coordinate (as appropriate) all phases of an acquisition including but not limited to:
- Securing a Confidentiality Agreement, obtaining a Letter of Intent
- Negotiating Sale and Purchase Agreement
- Transition planning and implementation
- Due diligence, closing activities, post-closing follow-up requirements
- Documenting SOX requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 years' plus direct sales, sales management and operations of the propane industry or related a must.
- Financial fundamentals capabilities
- Working knowledge financial statement analysis including discounted cash flow
- Solid proficiency in Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects throughout entire lifecycle
- Ability to understand and convey basic legal concepts of Transaction and Real Estate law
- 3+ years extensive contract experience is essential
Education and Experience Required:
- College degree in finance or business; MBA preferred
- 5+ years in M&A preferred or 5+ years' experience in direct sales or sales management with P & L responsibility.
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.
Similar sales manager ii jobs in richardson tx
- sales manager ii jobs jobs near me
- corporate development manager jobs near me
- Sales Manager at HomeTeam Pest Defense
- Regional Sales Manager at Assa Abloy
- Brand/Product Manager II at Lennox International
- Sales Manager at Carrier
- Senior Sales Manager, Healthcare - Remote at Harman Connected Services Corporation India Private Limited
- Account Executive/Account Manager/Sales Executive/Sales Manager-WFO at PMAM Corporation
- South Regional Sales Manager at Polymer Industries