Agile IT Project Manager - Remote
DescriptionThe Agile IT Project Manager provides servant leadership to agile projects and products of a highly complex nature. Experienced working in Agile frameworks such as Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). The Agile IT PM builds effective relationships to work across Agile teams and provides key facilitation and leadership skills to help project and product teams execute on their objectives with a focus on delivering business value. In performing their role, the Agile IT PM blends traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development mindset and approach. Leveraging a deep project management foundation coupled with agile behaviors and mindset, the Agile IT Project Manager leads and facilitates with the appropriate level of planning and provides the right balance of agility and predictability.
The successful candidate is a self-starting, independent leader who works with minimal direction to guide their teams. They build strong intrapersonal relationships with peers, leaders, and stakeholders and is viewed as a trusted partner who understands and advocates their desired outcomes and objectives.
Areas of leadership responsibility for the Agile IT Project Manager Include:
- Project Planning, Management and Budget: Coordinating and leading Agile team deliverables, may work at the Epic or Feature Level. These are large, complex enterprise-level initiatives that may consist of multiple Agile and non-Agile teams and/or vendors which may require integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams. Managing the project financials/budget.
- Product Manager and Owner Support: Supporting the Product Manager and Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to identify dependencies to help remove impediments for the team to deliver value.
- Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas.
- Demonstrates understanding of the business value of the project and its broader impact on programs, initiatives, and the enterprise.
- Actively manages stakeholder partnerships and mitigates risks.
- Support the Team: Promoting empowerment of the team to help ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and is empowered to make meaningful contributions, and encouraging a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Participates actively in Agile program level ceremonies and supports the team in identifying and coordination of dependencies to ensure timely completion of work items.
- Support the team, the ART, the Scrum Master
- Is familiar with the scope and objectives of the desired outcome, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively guide the activities of the team.
- Demonstrates technical acumen as a vested participant within the product development process. Partners with development, testing, and production release teams to understand issues, remove impediments, and resolves issues.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, and uses independent judgment to analyze variable factors and determine the best course of action.
- Ability to make decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams.
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members.
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project Management Institute certification (PMP)
- Six Sigma Certification
- SAFe Agilist (SA), SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) certification
- Experience in the health solutions industry
- Familiarity with project, program, and agile tools
- ServiceNow, Azure DevOps, Jira Align, Miro
Humana and its subsidiaries require vaccinated associates who work outside of their home to submit proof of vaccination, including COVID-19 boosters. Associates who remain unvaccinated must either undergo weekly negative COVID testing OR wear a mask at all times while in a Humana facility or while working in the field.
- WAH requirements: Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office. Associates or contractors who live and work from home in the state of California will be provided payment for their internet expense.
- A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 25x10 (25mpbs download x 10mpbs upload) is required.
- Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role.
- A dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Similar project director jobs in louisville ky
- project director jobs jobs near me
- it project manager jobs near me
- Director of Project Management at Solid Light, Inc.
- Project Manager at Arvato Bertelsmann
- Assistant Project Manager - Commercial Construction at Michael Page International Inc
- Implementation Project Manager II at ADP
- Program Director at Necco
- Project Manager (Salesforce Administrator) at University of Louisville
- Agile IT Project Manager - Remote at Humana