Senior Software Engineer - Remote!
- Join a fast-paced and innovative ed-tech company with no ceiling for growth
- Become a leader of an established team of highly-skilled developers.
About Our Client
Our client is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 1,500 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our client's platform to understand students' academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our client's suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
- Work on fascinating and challenging projects like:
- Building out and iterating on a toolkit of features for classroom educators so that they can support each individual and elevate the data points that could help that person succeed
- Creating insights at scale from developing national benchmarked comparisons for how individuals are doing to visualizations and dashboards to give district leaders direction on where to help next
- Scaling our data pipelines as we continually grow the types of data our platform supports and scale the number of that we support
- Design, write, test, review, debug, deploy, and occasionally be frustrated by code
- Investigate and plan major projects on the squad - be the one that enables successful on-time delivery by seeing around corners and mapping out the important factors for key technical decisions
- Partner with engineers and other teammates (such as our amazing product managers and designers) to build a stronger collective understanding for how to move the squad's work forward.
- Use knowledge of industry and Panorama best practices to consistently help solve our trickiest problems and help the squad succeed
- Actively seek out and integrate the feedback from your teammates who have a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences so you can support inclusiveness, increase squad understanding, and build a better product
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- 2+ years experience with web app development and deployment
- Experience collaboratively defining the technical scope and details for key projects of work
- Cross-functional team (engineers and non-engineers) work experience
What's on Offer
- Paid parental leave policies
- Medical, dental, vision and 401k plans (with match)
- Flexible-spending, mass transit and dependent care plans
- Health savings account, with company contribution
- Short-term, long-term and life insurance policies subsidized by company
- Cell phone discounts; reduced fees for health and fitness clubs
- Additional benefits including pet insurance, accident care and more
- Competitive referral bonus program
- Competitive PTO plans, with extra floating holiday and time off to volunteer
- Fundraising and volunteer opportunities to give back to our local, national and international communities
Similar engineer senior jobs in illinois
- engineer senior jobs jobs near me
- senior software engineer jobs near me
- Senior Software Engineer, Back End (Remote-Eligible) at Capital One
- Senior Controls Engineer - Relocation Package Provided at Stepan Company
- Senior Enterprise Data Engineer at Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
- Senior Software Engineer - Sports Industry at Michael Page International Inc.
- Senior Systems Engineer - Remote at CommScope
- Senior Transmission Line Engineer at LEIDOS
- Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Hybrid) at BU_HS, Raytheon Technologies