Volunteer Engagement Manager - Make-A-Wish® South Dakota & Montana
Volunteer Engagement Manager
Full-Time & Non-Exempt
Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. From our humble beginnings with one boy’s wish to be a police officer, we have evolved to be one of the world’s leading children’s charities, serving children in every community in the United States and its territories. With the help of generous donors and over 265 volunteers, Make-A-Wish South Dakota & Montana granted 50 wishes last fiscal year.THE TEAM
With a dedicated and collaborative staff, team members who are mission-driven and motivated enjoy playing a role in the significant statewide impact of Make-A-Wish South Dakota & Montana. The chapter has a stellar reputation in the communities they serve and carries out its impactful work with a dedicated staff of eight. Our organization seeks to grant the wish of every eligible child. Our chapter’s programs are delivered by 265 volunteers across the two states, and it is governed by a volunteer board of 18. Our chapter headquarters is in Sioux Falls, SD with regional staff in Missoula, MT and Great Falls, MT. The Volunteer Engagement Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer in Sioux Falls, SD.
Our volunteer program is an integral part of fulfilling our mission as well as the goals within the chapter. The Volunteer Engagement Manager is a key contributor to our mission by mobilizing, leading, and supporting volunteer activity. This position works closely with a network of volunteers across the 122 counties in our chapter to grant high-quality, life-changing wishes by engaging local wish communities to their fullest potential. The Volunteer Engagement Manager will also lead the Make-A-Wish South Dakota & Montana internship program.WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Volunteer Engagement Manager at Make-A-Wish South Dakota & Montana you will:
- Plan for Strategic Volunteer Engagement Assess organizational needs and opportunities for volunteers, promote organizational readiness, research and analyze related programs and services.
- Develop, implement and/or maintain up-to-date goals and objectives, policies and procedures, supporting tools and resources, evaluation and risk management plans and benchmarks for volunteer services.
- Assist volunteers in understanding the various policies and guidelines that impact their role with the organization to comply with all chapter and National standards.
- Assess potential risks and liabilities of volunteer activities and behaviors, elevating to the Chief Operating Officer when necessary.
- Advocate for Volunteer Involvement Design, implement and evaluate communication plans for volunteer services.
- Inform and enlist stakeholders in promoting volunteer service opportunities. Develop volunteers as advocates and advocate for volunteer services to stakeholders and communities.
- Cultivate stakeholder and partner relationships.
- Collaborate with stakeholders.
- Attract and Onboard a Volunteer Workforce Identify current needs and design and implement recruitment strategies for volunteers.
- Develop and/or maintain up-to-date volunteer position descriptions and performance objectives for volunteer roles.
- Respond to volunteer inquiries, administer the screening and on-boarding process to applicants including completion of the volunteer application, interview, background check, relevant training(s) and any other requirements.
- Match volunteers with assignments in a systematic, efficient and timely manner ensuring volunteer capacity can support all needs.
- Evaluate placement of volunteers and recruitment strategies.
- Prepare Volunteers for their Roles Develop volunteer training plans, partnering with appropriate staff as needed.
- Coordinate and facilitate orientation, role-specific and ongoing volunteer training and continuously evaluate the training.
- Support on-going development of volunteers' skills.
- Document Volunteer Involvement Partner with the Data and Operations Specialist to update and maintain electronic volunteer records and data in secure storage in compliance with chapter and National requirements.
- Update external screening processes, provide statistical reports on volunteer services and contribute to budget process.
- Monitor resources that support volunteer engagement, provide information to support funding requests and maintain records on partnership and stakeholder contacts, relationships and agreements.
- Manage Volunteer Performance and Impact Train and educate staff to work with volunteers.
- Monitor progress on volunteer performance objectives.
- Delegate tasks to volunteers and supervise and coach volunteers.
- Conduct volunteer performance reviews as needed, provide feedback to volunteers, and conduct exit interviews/surveys. Conduct corrective action procedures, elevating to the Chief Operating Officer when necessary.
- Acknowledge, Celebrate and Sustain Volunteer Involvement Develop, implement and evaluate volunteer recognition plans.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate retention plans and assess volunteer satisfaction. Elevate retention and satisfaction concerns to the Chief Operating Officer when necessary.
- Communicate with volunteers in a timely, clear manner utilizing digital, phone and print communication.
- Manage the chapter’s internship program including recruitment, screening, placement, and evaluation. Facilitate intern onboarding and provide on-going supervision and support to interns.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Flair for cultivating and stewarding professional relationships with a diverse constituency and interpersonal skills to build relationships
- Work independently while thriving in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Convey enthusiasm for volunteerism and ability to motivate others
- Professional demeanor and adaptable to change. Ability to quickly learn new skills and technologies.
- Resourceful with the ability to solve problems and resolve conflict in an efficient and professional manner
- Be a confident and capable public speaker, able to present to groups and facilitate training activities
- Strong written and verbal communication, project management, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with Salesforce preferred or other database management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in nonprofit administration, communications, business, human resources, psychology or another relevant field
- Minimum five years of project management, special events or volunteer management experience, or other relevant volunteer or nonprofit experience
- Commitment to the Make-A-Wish mission
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluently in English
This position can be remote within South Dakota or Montana or located in our Sioux Falls, SD office. The individual must have the ability and willingness to travel regionally as required in this position. Must be willing to travel and work some nights/weekends.WHAT WE OFFER
Make-A-Wish South Dakota & Montana offers the following benefit package for this position
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Medical and dental insurance
- Health Savings Account Option
- Simple IRA contributions
- 10 Paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Remote work options
- Individual and leadership development
We are more than a great place to work - our work is life-changing. We are an inclusive and diverse group of people who, through a mosaic of backgrounds, thoughts, and experiences are united in purposeful work. We are fueled and guided by our values - values that are represented in the inspired people we work with and the transformational work we do every day.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics.
The Application and Selection Process
Step 1: Interested candidates complete the online application.
- Upload your resume
- The online application will be posted until the position is filled.
Step 2: A Sagency Executive Search Consultant may schedule an initial phone call with qualified applicants.
Step 3: A Sagency Executive Search Consultant will schedule a 60-minute interview with specific candidates.
Step 4: After this initial interview process with Sagency, qualified candidates will be asked to complete an online assessment prior to scheduling an interview with our client.
Step 5: First round interviews with the Make-A-Wish South Dakota & Montana hiring team.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity!
Similar principal engagement manager jobs in south dakota
- principal engagement manager jobs jobs near me
- engagement manager jobs near me
- Culture and Engagement Program Manager at Black Hills Energy
- Workplace manager at Snc-lavalin
- Client Engagement Manager at Office Depot General
- Customer Engagement Manager at PetSmart
- Project Manager / Engagement Manager at Change Healthcare
- Volunteer Engagement Manager - Make-A-Wish® South Dakota & Montana at Sagency
- Engagement manager at UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)