Senior Staff Software Engineer, Full Stack - Remote
Guidewire is searching for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Senior Software Engineer to build sophisticated solutions for the property & casualty insurance industrys complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better. The product development team is looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate about building high-quality software with a phenomenal team and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that generate over 500 million dollars of revenue annually, mission-critical to 400+ enterprises serving more than a million users. Guidewire provides outstanding software for the second-largest financial services industry in the world: insurance. We deliver the core applications that Property and Casualty (P/C) insurers use to build their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. The SaaS solutions delivered via Guidewire Cloud enable our customers to rapidly innovate and drive measurable value. Guidewire Cloud is powered by the highly resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure, with SLAs backed by experienced Guidewire teams and SaaS-certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
The successful candidate will work on the entire technology stack, from the core persistence layer through to the Web Application front ends.
Our teams are lean, empowered, and collaborative. You must be a self-starter and able to perform with minimal supervision while working alongside intelligent colleagues whove checked their egos at the door in a team environment, communicating effectively with everyone. Weve built a strong culture, and were looking for engineers who can help us maintain it.
Successful software engineers at Guidewire typically have:
- Enjoy working collaboratively in an empowered, small, cross-functional team
- Experience working in an agile and fast paced development environment (eg TDD, BDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
- A passion for code quality demonstrated by thorough testing
- A desire to be hands-on in designing and writing code
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
Key qualifications include experience with:
- Experience with a market leading client-side framework (eg React, Angular) is plus.
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit/Integration Testing, etc
- Object-Oriented Design using SOLID and Hexagonal design principles
- Experience building secure software and knowledge of security practices
- Experience working with Open-Source frameworks (eg Spring, Jersey, Drools, others)
- Understanding of relational database persistence (eg MySQL, Oracle). Familiarity with NoSQL databases (eg MongoDB, CouchDB) is a plus
- Agile development practices
- Experience designing REST or gRPC based APIs
- Cloud Services (eg AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
- Mentoring less experienced engineers
- Maintaining and promoting a healthy codebase and ensuring high quality of products
- A typical candidate has a Computer Science degree or equivalent.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Similar engineer senior jobs in pennsylvania
- engineer senior jobs jobs near me
- full stack jobs near me
- Senior Data Engineer (Remote Eligible) at Capital One
- Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Penn Medicine
- Senior Engineer Regional Project Engineering at Exelon
- Senior Software Engineer, Platform as a Service - Remote at CyberCoders
- Senior Mechanical Engineer at McClure Company
- Senior Platform Engineer SRE at Capital One
- Senior Mechanical Engineer at Curtiss-Wright Corporation