Controls Engineer - Remote MN
Work remotely from your home office in MN or from their facility in the Mankato area and grow your career working with a automation company that has been succeeding for over 30 years! Great opportunities to learn new technologies and work in stable and growth industries!
BS or Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
- PLC programming with Rockwell RSLogix 500 and 5000 programming software;
- Rockwell HMI configuration software; and may be required to learn other programming software.
- Designs or writes project specifications based on consultations with supervisor, systems analysts, other programmers, and end users.
- Converts designs and specifications into PLC ladder code.
- Compiles code into PLC programs and corrects errors detected in compile process.
- Creates test transactions and runs tests to find errors and confirm program meets specifications.
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises PLC programs.
- Writes and maintains documentation of changes to PLC code, programs, and specifications.
- Designs and codes layouts for onscreen user interfaces and interfaces with other systems.
- Load and test code
- Assists with creating technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with PLC program operations.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with PLC and HMI programs.
- Revises program for corrections, enhancements, or system environment changes
- Trains end users or technical support staff to use and support PLC program. This training could be at customers' location.