Senior Data Engineer - Remote
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!
The Enterprise Information Services (EIS) team at Cedars-Sinai understands that true clinical transformation and the optimization of an information systems implementation is fueled through the alignment of people, processes, and technologies.
Why work here?
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has been ranked the #1 hospital in California and #2 hospital in the nation by U.S. News & World Report, 2022‑23. Beyond an outstanding benefit package and competitive salaries, we take pride in hiring the best, most committed employees. Our staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our dedication to creating a multifaceted, inclusive environment that fuels innovation and the gold standard of patient care we strive for.
What you will be doing:
The Senior Data Engineer role will play a critical role in addressing server, high-performance computing (HPC), graph databases and cloud computing needs and its enhanced adoption by the research community. This role will interact with the other units within EIS and larger research community such as Computational Biomedicine at Cedars-Sinai.
- Linux server/systems administration, management, configuration, and monitoring.
- Support of graph databases for integration, querying and analysis of data from diverse sources.
- Support and tool deployment in high-performance computing (HPC) cluster environment.
- Work in concert with the research and the EIS infrastructure on implementing workflows in AWS.
- Assist in developing necessary training for enhanced adoption of HPC, Cloud and related resources by the research community.
- Three (3)+ years’ experience in deploying tools in HPC cluster environment.
- Two (2)+ years’ experience of databases. Understanding of graph data modeling such as Neo4J a plus.
- Solid grasp in Linux Server administration and management.
- Experience working in AWS environment, AWS tools (RedShift, AWS Step Functions) and workflow automation (e.g. Dockers, WDL, Cromwell).
- Samples of code implementation in GitHub or any such public repository.
- Good communication skills, both through written and verbal channels in presenting findings to leadership and stakeholders.
- Skills in collaborating in enterprise settings such as infrastructure, high-performance computing, cloud computing and other teams.
- Experience with automation of sequencing/genomic workflows, bioinformatics, and ontologies is a big plus.
Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related fields.
Working Title:Senior Data Engineer - Remote
Department:Research Data Services
Business Entity:Academic / Research
Job Category:,Information Technology,Information Technology
Job Specialty:System Integration
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Similar engineer senior jobs in pasadena ca
- engineer senior jobs jobs near me
- senior data engineer jobs near me
- Senior RF Test Engineer at OffWorld
- Senior Systems Engineer - RAN (Remote) at CommScope
- Senior Software Systems Engineer at OffWorld
- Senior Solutions Engineer at NEAR
- Senior Perception/SLAM Engineer at OffWorld
- Senior Electrical Engineer at Maxar Technologies
- Senior Software Engineer at Western Asset