Automation Test Engineer
REI Systems provides reliable, effective, and innovative technology solutions that advance federal, state, local, and nonprofit missions. Our technologists and consultants are passionate about solving complex challenges that impact millions of lives. We take a Mindful Modernization approach in delivering our application modernization, grants management systems, government data analytics, and advisory services. Mindful Modernization is the REI Way of delivering mission impact by aligning our government customers’ strategic objectives to measurable outcomes through people, processes, and technology. Learn more at REIsystems.com.
Employees voted REI Systems a Washington Post Top Workplace in 2015, 2016, 2018, 2020, 2021, and 2022!
A REI Test Engineer materializes customer's wishes by helping the customer know what they really want opposed to what they think they want. We need you to be ready to contribute in a fast paced, solution oriented, agile environment. At REI, we're looking for a QA whose done the impossible so many times, it's second nature to them! As a test engineer with us, you'll work with some of the best known government agencies, such as NASA, HRSA and USCIS.Perform business/system/quality requirements analysis and review
- Identify the testable requirements and prepare the test strategy for each of the testing types identified
- Write comprehensive test plans for functional, regression, acceptance and stress testingPerform Functional, regression, performance test execution
- Design and develop automated test scripts for Regression testingConduct and facilitate the UAT at the client site
- Perform production verification after software install
- Assist in post-production support-such as end-users support, troubleshooting of issues on relevant production like environments
Other similar professional duties maybe assigned as needed
Candidate will have 5 years of experience with software or web application testing.
- He/she should be proficient in assisting developing test strategy, test plan and test cases for complex domain models such as workflow oriented, data migration and web-based applications.
- Detail oriented, capable of working under limited direction toward predefined objectives, and have ability to independently determine and develop solutions.
- Experience in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, TestNG, Selenium, Maven and Cucumber integrated with reporting tools
- Exposure to performance testing using tools like LoadRunner, JMeter
- Strong SQL skills
- Candidate must possess sharp analytical and excellent communication skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data analytics, business intelligence, economics, statistics, mathematics or related field
Location: Position is currently remote but post-pandemic may require travel to the REI Sterling HQ
Covid Policy Disclosure: Should the essential functions of this position require that the employee performing this role work on-site at REI’s Sterling location the following requirements will apply: the individual holding this position must be fully vaccinated, as defined in CDC guidance, as a condition of continued employment. REI will consider requests to be excused from this policy whenever necessary to comply with legal requirements and will consider any requests for reasonable accommodations due to a disability, religion, or other exemptions on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements. Employees and applicants requesting accommodations should request the accommodation in writing and should explain in detail the reasons why they are seeking an accommodation. REI will request additional information or documentation it deems necessary to inform its decision on an employee’s or applicant’s accommodation request.
REI Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disability/Vet)