Sr Database Engineer / Sr Database Developer
Join Aya Healthcare, winner of multiple Top Workplace awards!
We are seeking a results-oriented database engineer to help design and evolve our organization's databases to support performance and scale. You will be enhancing our data storage workflows, analyze database utilization patterns, debug performance bottlenecks and write / utilize tools to improve organizational needs.
To ensure success as a senior database engineer, you should exhibit knowledge of architectural domain expertise in database design, evolution, and solutioning. A top-notch database engineer will be someone who can team up with application developers, design for scale, and be data driven in their approach.
Who We Are:
We're a $5.8 billion, rapidly growing workforce solutions provider in the healthcare industry. We deliver tech-enabled services that help healthcare organizations meet and manage their contingent labor needs. We build and manage tech-enabled marketplaces for national and local healthcare talent and deliver contingent labor management solutions through our proprietary software platform.
At Aya, we're obsessed with creating exceptional experiences for our clients, clinicians and employees. In fact, we put employee satisfaction above all else. Our team members are responsible for incomparable customer experience and we know that happy employees are critical to maintaining happy clients. We foster an entrepreneurial, high-energy, low-bureaucracy culture and value innovative thinking and creative problem solving. We embrace diversity in thought and backgrounds unified by a commitment to high achievement. When you join Aya, you'll be surrounded by teammates who care about you as an individual and leaders who will help you grow both personally and professionally.
- Intimate knowledge of SQL, specifically Microsoft SQL server
- Ability to demonstrate technical leadership on design, refactor, to support evolve database needs.
- Proven experience in scaling cloud solutions both in design and implementation.
- Maintaining and enhancing the performance of existing database programs.
- Assisting development teams in designing new database programs that meet the organization's data storage needs.
- Propose improvements in the database, restructuring, DDL changes or performance optimizations.
- Documenting processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
- Creating technical documents that outline the purpose, capacity, and guidelines attached to each database.
- Query and SQL Job optimization, troubleshooting execution plans.
- Providing practical guidance on the use and migration of each database.
- Servicing and updating databases, as required.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 8+ years' experience in database engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL), with an application towards Microsoft SQL servers.
- Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture.
- Demonstrable experience as a database developer.
- Portfolio of previous developments is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of best practices in database engineering and data security.
- Familiar with Entity Framework to be able to propose better approaches to optimize EF generated queries.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills.
What We Offer:
- Free premium medical, dental, life and vision insurance
- Generous 401(k) match
- Celebrations! We hit our goals and reward ourselves. Company-sponsored virtual events, happy hours and team-building activities are always on the horizon — plus, you get a special treat on your birthday!
- Unlimited PTO — we believe in time off!
- Virtual yoga, meditation or boot camp classes offered daily
Aya Is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO), including Disability / Vets, and welcomes all to apply. Please click here for our EEO policy
Similar developer jobs in el cajon ca
- developer jobs jobs near me
- sr database engineer jobs near me
- Software Engineer at LEIDOS
- Senior Software Engineer at Leidos
- Software Systems Engineer at LEIDOS
- Full Stack Developer at LEIDOS
- SENIOR APPLICATION DEVELOPER-Information Technology at Sycuan
- Lead Developer Advocate - Now Hiring at Dell
- Senior Software Engineer Team Lead at LEIDOS