Field Reimbursement Manager - Remote
Shockwave Medical, Inc. is a pioneer in the development and commercialization of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat complex calcified cardiovascular disease. Shockwave Medical aims to establish a new standard of care for medical device treatment of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease through its differentiated and proprietary local delivery of sonic pressure waves for the treatment of calcified plaque.
The Field Reimbursement Manager is responsible for contributing to the development and execution of strategic reimbursement initiatives that lead to improved patient and market access of Shockwave Medical products. This highly visible role will work with internal and external customers at the field level on strategic coding, coverage, and reimbursement issues across Shockwave's portfolio of products.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and implement reimbursement strategies and tactics aligned with Sales leadership that minimize or remove coding, coverage and payment barriers for Shockwave products and therapies.
- Provide input and assist in the development of reimbursement materials and tools for customers (Physicians, Coding Staff, etc.) and the field sales team.
- Identify the educational needs of priority accounts and work with approved Shockwave tools to provide relevant training and education on coding, billing, and reimbursement.
- Conduct webinars for new and existing customers (frequency to be determined and based on customer need). Track and report customer attendance.
- Work closely with field sales to fully execute field reimbursement education for approved new technology add-on payment (NTAP) and transitional pass-through (TPT) payment roll-out as required.
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues on strategies that address the needs of key Government, Healthcare Agencies and Commercial Stakeholders, and that influence the economic and policy decisions on product coding and reimbursement.
- Identify key issues and trends with commercial and government payers. Determine and implement appropriate solutions.
- Provide consultative support as needed, at monthly Regulatory and International submission meetings.
- Develop monthly report of provider activities including regional trends and developments in support of quarterly updates to Senior Leadership.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and other regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, or comparable experience in healthcare, insurance and/or reimbursement field with particular emphasis on coding, coverage, and payment issues.
- 5-7 years reimbursement policy and/or payer experience within a medical device company, healthcare provider, or healthcare consulting firm; prefer at least 3 years field reimbursement experience.
- Working knowledge of health care economics, managed care and government payer business practices, health policy development, and advocacy.
- Established relationships with key national or regional payers a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and translate billing, coding, coverage, and payment information and communicate these concepts to all levels of the organization.
- Previous involvement with NTAP and TPT programs a plus.
- Individual must be able to work in a fast paced and demanding environment, capable of managing high pressure situations with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently and problem-solve with minimum supervision in a field-based role with significant visibility to sales leadership is critical.
- Strong analytic and investigative skills; able to get to the bottom of an issue.
- Ability to translate complex reimbursement information into easy to implement strategies and tactics through exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Strong organization, prioritization skills needed; incumbent must be detail and deadline oriented.
- Travel up to 50% may be required.
Market Range: $140,000 - $150,000
Shockwave Medical offers a competitive total compensation package as well as the following benefits and perks:
Core Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Pre-tax and Roth 401k options with a fully vested match, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance, Employer contribution toward Health Savings Account (HSA), Competitive PTO balance
Perks: ESPP, Calm App, Pet Insurance, Student Loan Refinancing, Spot Bonus awards