Software architect remote
The Software Architect will be responsible for the development of new enterprise level solutions. The position will own the overall product architecture and technology stack for the solutions.
This individual will also coordinate activities with the application teams for integration, migration, security, and ongoing support.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience building enterprise grade software solutions, with emphasis on connected product solutions for industrial and / or commercial manufacturing companies.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of experience with implementing a microservice architecture with SPA applications such as Angular, React or Vue and RESTful API’s build with NodeJS and TypeScript.
Additionally, the candidate will have 5 years or more of Database design experience working with relational databases such as MSSQL Server or MySQL databases.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Architect, plan, and implement infrastructure solutions that balance simplicity, standards, scalability, extensibility, supportability, and integrity.
- Architect and implement :
- Microservices which are currently built with NodeJS / TypeScript
- Load balancers
- APIs & API Gateways
- Subscription Management
- Authentication and remote access technologies.
- Coordinate activities of applications teams, security, networking, infrastructure and ongoing operational support.
- Lead migration teams and stake holder teams during migration efforts and post validation efforts.
- Troubleshoot environment, connectivity and integrations.
- Provide expert mentorship on standards for design, best practices, engineering changes, and configuration management.
- Provide guidance on core components within Azure and work with the infrastructure teams with expertise in their respective areas for design, implementation and integration.
- Implement cost optimized solutions (based on usage, business requirements and budget).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or computer engineering required; equivalent work experience considered.
MBA degree beneficial.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience designing and implementing secure and scalable database solutions with relational T-SQL databases.
- Experience with API Management, VPN and Microservices required.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, DevOps, and Containerization Technologies a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to conduct research into technical issues and products.
- Highly logical.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Last updated : 2022-09-22