C&I Relationship Manager
Job Title: C&I Relationship Manager
Department: C&I Relationship Management
Reports To: Chief Banking Officer / Head of C&I Lending
Bankwell is a commercial bank that serves the lending and banking needs of businesses and residents. We strive to create a world class experience for our customers and provide high touch, high tech and high quality financial services throughout our footprint. Our mission is to provide outstanding service and give back to the communities we serve. More about Bankwell can be found at www.mybankwell.com.
Summary of Position:
The C&I Relationship Manager is responsible for the sales, service and retention of Commercial Banking deposit and borrowing customers. This role is responsible for new business development, portfolio management, credit quality and overall relationship management. RMs work independently to manage and develop commercial accounts while maximizing profitability and minimizing risk. Responsibilities include:
- Sourcing prospects and COI's; Serving as Relationship Manager and the primary point of contact for new business development which focuses on the acquisition of profitable commercial customers
- Cross-selling the Bank's commercial products and services to existing customers; acting in a trusted advisor role to companies generating ideas, advice and solutions
- Directing the coordination of product partners in the attainment of business plans
- Partnering and collaborating with credit professionals to produce written support of new or renewing credit exposure
- Presenting credit requests to internal and board level Credit Committees
- Representing the Bank in civic and community functions to further enhance Bankwell's image and develop expanded business
- Working with internal and external auditors and corporate compliance to ensure conformity with bank policies and procedures and federal and state regulations
- Identifying, evaluating, structuring and documenting credit transactions to ensure maximum profitability with reasonable risk
- Monitoring credit quality within assigned portfolios and takes action as appropriate
- Acting as primary contact for new business development that focuses on the acquisition of profitable customers
- Building and developing customer relationships to position Bankwell as the bank of choice
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field, or equivalent work experience in lending
- At least 7 years demonstrated solid sales, presentation, interpersonal, negotiation and written and verbal communication skills
- Full utilization of sales automation tools and related technologies
- Knowledge of financial analysis, risk evaluation, loan documentation and commercial loan collection activities
- Works independently to leverage professional relationships within and outside the bank
- Solid knowledge of commercial banking products and services (both credit and non-credit)
- Understands Bankwell’s Credit Policy and Procedures, competitor product lines, and commercial compliance regulations
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job titles or routine job duties.
Bankwell is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of Americans with Disabilities Act and certain other state or local laws. Please inform Bankwell’s Human Resources representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.