Corporate Communications Manager (Remote)
As the Corporate Communications Manager at Morley, you'll bring our remote and on-site associates together as members of the Morley Family by telling impactful stories, connecting people to our business purpose, and cultivating a culture based on our mission, vision and values. Your work will help fellow Morley Family members understand how their work makes a difference to their teams and the Fortune 500 clients we serve.
In this remote role, your duties will include tactical execution of communication strategies; building relationships; developing members of the internal communications team; and advising our business leaders on communications best practices. We're looking for outstanding writing skills - in both quality and volume - as well as project management skills. A servant leader who leads by example and practices exceptional customer service is best suited for this role.
Your leadership will enable our communications team to engage people creatively, effectively and efficiently within our hybrid work environment. You'll work together with a team of diverse creative talents to support communications initiatives. Ultimately, by creating a sense of unity, community and fun, you'll help our associates feel connected and supported.
What You'll Do
Write creative, compelling content (digital and traditional) and oversee posting to intranet, social media, digital displays and other internal communications channels as needed
Ensure all communications, even transactional ones, have appropriate context and relevance to associate audiences
Serve as a trusted advisor to senior leaders, supporting their communications needs and efforts, and proactively helping to define project scope
Oversee and execute internal bulk email creation, ensuring content meets business objectives and employer brand tone
Follow Morley's established style and brand guidelines
Contribute to campaign and live/virtual event planning and delivery
Research and develop fresh and engaging content concepts - both original ideas and as assigned by the Corporate Communications Director
Develop and maintain relationships with all levels of our Morley Family - business leaders, managers and associates
Encourage associates to use our intranet and share their voices
Perform project management tasks to accomplish assigned work
Monitor and measure the effectiveness of communication tactics and adjust communication plans
Have questions before you apply? Live chat with a Morley Talent Acquisition Specialist on our website during business hours.
Skills for Success
- Superior written, verbal and digital communication skills
- Leadership skills - most importantly, servant leadership and the strong desire to lead by example
- Teamwork and the ability to lead and motivate your direct reports to produce high-level, brand-driven content, and to drive cross-functional groups toward a common goal
- Excellent managerial and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, journalism, marketing or a related field (job-related experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree)
- Five or more years of professional experience, preferably in a corporate communications role focused on employee communications, corporate communications and public relations
- Project management experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat, as well as social media and online digital media applications
- Able to work 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday. Willing to support after hours on occasion if needed for high-priority communications.
Nice to Have
- Photo/video editing capabilities
- Experience in content management systems and design-related programs
- Good graphic design sensibilities
Remote Work Requirements
- Florida resident
- High-speed internet access at home that you are able to connect to via Ethernet or landline
- Cellular phone
- Secluded and distraction-free work environment
Why Join Our Morley Family?
The value of your employment is more than your paycheck. It's the combination of competitive pay, health benefits and other benefits Morley provides - your total compensation package.
Health & Wellness Benefits
- Medical and prescription coverage, including free annual physicals
- Dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Associate wellness program (earn rewards for meeting health goals)
- Programs to quit tobacco use and manage chronic conditions (e.g., diabetes, asthma)
- 401(k) with match
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
Benefits to Make Your Life Easier
- Teladoc: Free online access to doctors 24/7
- Registered nurse 24/7 help desk
- 44North patient advocacy: Free 24/7 help with benefit questions and claims issues
- Family, financial and estate guidance (online will) services
Our mission is to deliver extraordinary experiences.
We do this by leading with humility, embracing everyone, sweating the details and moving mountains (making the impossible possible) - for our Morley Family members and for the world-leading companies that partner with us.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote an inclusive, caring and respectful work environment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
As part of this commitment, we provide reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities. If you need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
Thank you for your interest in Morley.
Morley & COVID-19
Our #1 priority is the health and safety of our Morley Family members.
In March 2020, we instituted the Morley COVID-19 Response Team, which continues to meet daily to minimize or eliminate our associates' exposure to COVID-19 and provide assurance that Morley is a safe place to work. This team continues to update policies based on CDC, OSHA, MIOSHA and Michigan Department of Health & Human Services guidelines as new information is released.
Currently, most associates work remotely. Those who do work on site are not required to wear masks, vaccination is encouraged but not mandatory, and social distancing is exercised based on associate preference. People with symptoms or a positive test result are asked to remain home. According to the CDC, our COVID-19 community level is rated as low. If this rating changes to medium or high, our COVID-19 Response Team will revisit policies and processes in order to protect our Morley Family members from infection.
Due to the precautions we have taken, Morley has experienced very little spread of COVID-19 in our offices since 2020 (as verified through the Saginaw County Department of Public Health). If you have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via chat or at [email protected]
Click here to view Morley's CCPA Notice for applicants in California: https://info.morleynet.com/ccpa.