Senior Software Engineer - Java, Remote
You could be the one who changes everything for our 26 million members by using technology to improve health outcomes around the world. As a diversified, national organization, Centene's technology professionals have access to competitive benefits including a fresh perspective on workplace flexibility.Position Purpose: Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable off the shelf application or custom built technology solutions to meet business needs. Act as a subject matter expert for Application Software developers and Engineers.Contribute to the entire implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need and architectural improvements
Meet with business partners to understand business needs
Responsible for overall design of the solution
Design, build and test applications
Conduct root cause analysis and advanced performance tuning for complex business processes and functionality
Helps leading development of Back End web applications.
Leads design of SQL and Databases Schemas.
Leads project(s) from conception to finished product.
Helps lead design and development of Micro-Services and APIs.
Responsible for assuring/satisfying both technical and consumer needs of each project
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience. 3+ years of related experience. Healthcare experience strongly preferred, requires demonstrated understanding of business process as it relates to experience in the field. Software development experience (required). Advanced knowledge of Agile methodology (required). Advanced knowledge of SQL and data retrieval from relational database system (required). Experienced in workflow design, configuration and process development, must understand business process concepts. (required) Advanced knowledge of and experience with Java Script. Expert knowledge in Web development using HTML, XLM, XSL, XSLT, jQuery, CSS and AJAX. Advanced understanding of IT processes and disciplines (eg software development, operations, and infrastructure).
- 5+ years of experience with Java and SpringBoot
- 5+ years of experience with database technology; Oracle and MongoDB.
- Experience with versioning tools such as Git, ideally BitBucket
- Experience with automated testing frameworks
- Critical thinker and good problem-solver.
- Excellent communication skills, with servant leadership mentality.
- Strong background working in Agile software development environments.
- Experience Microsoft Cloud a plus
Our Comprehensive Benefits Package: Flexible work solutions including remote options, hybrid work schedules and dress flexibility, Competitive pay, Paid time off including holidays, Health insurance coverage for you and your dependents, 401(k) and stock purchase plans, Tuition reimbursement and best-in-class training and development.
Centene is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Similar engineer senior jobs in north carolina
- engineer senior jobs jobs near me
- senior software engineer jobs near me
- Senior Electrification Application Engineer at John Deere
- Senior Product Engineer - 100% Remote at CyberCoders
- Senior Software Engineer - Remote at Jobot
- Senior Structural Engineer at HDR
- Senior Mechanical Engineer at Salas O'Brien
- Senior Software Engineer .NET Remote at CyberCoders
- Senior Software Engineer at Motion Recruitment