Senior Discipline Engineer - Remote
Title:Senior Discipline Engineer - Remote
KBR is looking for a Sr Discipline Engineer to support our custom cloud platform that hosts innovative tools. These tools that allow scientists and students alike to discover, transform, update and improve the quality of Earth Science data in the pursuit of solving a wide range of environmental and socio-economic issues. The Sr Discipline Engineer is the servant leader for the Cloud engineering team and is responsible for developing and leading a high-performing, multi-discipline team, instilling in them a clear vision and a passion delivery high quality code on time. The Sr Discipline Engineer plays a leading role in fulfilling the vision, driving the implementation of the Earth Data Cloud and ensuring SAFe standards are followed by the team. The top candidate will be skilled at not only ensuring timely and quality delivery of code but also have the ability to inspire and lead a motivated high preforming team.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead the scrum team in using the SAFe methodology and Agile scrum practices
- Support the product owner and development team to achieve customer satisfaction and business value
- Lead the scrum and development teams in self-organization; resolve conflicts; manage risk; and escalate when appropriate
- Remove impediments and coach the scrum team on removing impediments
- Design and implement Key Performance Indicators; drive towards data driven decisioning
- Help the scrum and development teams to identify and improvements in the SAFe framework
- Previous experience leading a scrum team within the SAFe or Agile at Scale construct
- Ability to analyze and think quickly; resolve conflict; intellectually curious
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle and experience with successful Agile techniques
- Strong communication, interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Humble, empathetic and team oriented
- Good understanding of Cloud engineering solutions and services
- Knowledgeable in techniques to fill in gaps in the scrum
- Working knowledge of project management tools such as Atlassian stack
- Experience defining and visualizing key performance indictors
Required Education & Experience:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a technical major, such as engineering or computer science, and 5 years direct experience.
- This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
- This position may work remotely. Relocation is NOT available. Quarterly travel for a few days may be required as COVID restrictions are lifted.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.