Senior Proposal Manager
SOSi is currently seeking an industry recognized and highly experienced Senior Proposal Manager to join our Proposal Development team at our operational headquarters in Reston, VA. They will provide guidance and management direction to proposal teams for all aspects of the proposal development process.
- Provides leadership and encourages teamwork, mentors/trains and directs multi-organizational teams in planning, storyboarding and developing an effective customer-focused and forward-thinking proposal
- Analyzes, conceptualizes, and interpret RFPs to determine proposal requirements, develop outlines, and populate compliance matrices to provide guidance to volume leads and section authors
- Supports in the development of effective strategies and tactics at every stage of the proposal process
- Participates in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and manages the development of a Proposal Management Plan (PMP)
- Partners with Capture Manager to develop winning strategies for Corporate Led Proposals
- Develops storyboards for the evaluation of the technical, management, and overall proposal approaches
- Develops, maintains, and implements the use of proposal management tools to monitor proposal status, and identify and communicate risk areas to successfully meet or exceed proposal schedule milestones
- Develops and manages the proposal team, working with line organization management to identify and assign key proposal leaders (technical, management, security, resumes, past performance, etc.) and allocate proposal personnel and resources
- Develops, directs and coordinates schedule, management, past performance, and technical elements related to the development of proposals in accordance with RFP specifications and SOSi's proposal process
- Collaborates with teaming partners external to SOSi in support of producing compliant, quality proposal development
- Utilizes matrices to ensure traceability between various proposal volumes and ensure compliance with all solicitation requirements
- Leads color reviews for peer proposals
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Active Clearance or ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree and/or a combination of education and relevant experience
- 10+ years of progressive experience in all areas of proposal development; preferably with at least five years of experience working as a Proposal Manager within the federal contracting community
- Demonstrated ability to interpret an RFP, develop a responsive proposal outline, identify the resources required to produce the proposal, and ensure compliance of the response to the RFP
- Demonstrated ability to lead a proposal team, conduct status meetings, and manage the cradle-to-gravel proposal process
- Ability to facilitate an early-stage solutions meeting (i.e. blue team mock-up)
- Strong critical reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required
- Adapt easily in a growing, developing, and fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task; organize and prioritize multiple on-going projects
- Master’s Degree
- Relevant professional affiliations and/or memberships with organizations such as APMP and/or NCMA
- Proposal or Capture Training such as Shipley or Similar
- Fluency in a foreign language is desirable, but not required.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Around-the-clock availability and non-traditional working hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed
- Occasional physical exertion, including lifting and/or moving objects or packages weighing up to 25 lbs.
SOSi is an equal employment opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.