IT: Web Engineer Internship - Summer 2023 (Remote)
IT: WEB ENGINEER INTERNSHIP - SUMMER 2023 (REMOTE)
At Lands' End, we are on a mission to create a more comfortable world. We care about our employees, our community and our planet. People are the heart of our company, and our doors are open to everyone. We are committed to creating a welcoming, safe and inclusive environment for all. Our strength in work and life comes from the combination of our experiences, backgrounds and talents. It's what we do as people that makes Lands' End a great place to work.
As an intern, you will join over 5,000 talented individuals who are leaders, critical thinkers, accountable, curious, flexible and results-minded all driving toward the same goal - to delight customers and drive sales through multiple channels. Our 12-week, summer Internship program gives you the freedom and flexibility to work in a location that is most comfortable and productive for you.
In addition, you will join a diverse group of individuals from a variety of colleges, universities and areas of study. Some highlights of our internship program include:
- Twelve-week program: May 22 - August 11
- Paid Internship: $18/hr
- Hybrid or Remote options
Computer equipment shipped directly to you
Summer Hours: Work ends on Fridays at 1pm
- Team building and networking activities
- Group projects and career-building workshops
- Leadership and cross-functional learning opportunities
- Assigned mentor focused on your growth and development
- Senior leader speaker series
- Lands' End merchandise 50% discount
Our internship program is designed with future leaders in mind and serves as a pipeline for top talent. Participants in our program receive one-on-one mentorship and training while working alongside cross-functional teams to complete initiatives that are key to our business success. Project initiatives will target the Lands' End infrastructure environment and may include development of software or scripts to help build and automate Lands' End's cloud infrastructure.
The internship experience has a strong focus on hands-on learning and team involvement. You will quickly come to appreciate the complexities of developing infrastructure and streamlining operations for a growing, global, multi-channel retailer. Ideal candidates are curious, motivated, business-savvy innovators who thrive on a challenge. They have proven leadership abilities and strong project management skills.
The Intern experience at Lands' End is a comprehensive development-based role, designed to facilitate a robust career path in IT or business. Interns will be immersed in the various functions of the business that contribute to the broader scope gaining valuable hands-on experience in skill competency areas.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
Work with technical leads and development team members to understand project requirements and to design innovative solutions using web technology
Work with end users to demonstrate solutions and incorporate feedback from those sessions
- Communicate to leads and mangers the status, risks and issues encountered
Successful Intern candidates possess the following:
- Innovative and critical thinking skills with the ability to continuously operate strategically and work cross-functionally
- Programming and development skills and interest
- Interest in developing innovative cloud-based technology solutions
- High energy, self-motivated, ambitious and looking for a great experience
Demonstrated ability to develop presentations and summarizing findings
Strong analytical skills
- Process oriented with a business and financial background
- Strong intellectual curiosity and bias for action
- Able to work on multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Basic Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- Pursuing a career in web front-end design, software/web development or computer science
- Working toward a degree in IT or Business