Senior Manager, Software Quality Engineering
Salary Target: 135K plus bonus
Preferred Candidates in the Pittsburgh area, remote is good too.
Automation experience and SELENIUM is a must. ETL understanding also a must have.
Will be managing around 8 automation engineers both on/offshore so MUST have previous managerial experience.
***THIS ROLE IS NOT OPEN TO C2C OR VISA SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME***
Overview: The Senior Manager, Software Quality Engineering manages and leads a team of Quality Assurance Engineers who are located both on and offshore supporting and testing Inovalon applications. This position is responsible for coaching their team to ensure comprehensive coverage and high level of efficiency through Automation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises a team of Quality Assurance and Performance Engineers and Testers; provides support to assist in the resolution of critical issues and risk mitigation.
- Provides the definition, development, and deployment of the product quality assurance and performance strategy, addressing all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Responsible for checklists and Definitions of Done (DODs) for software testing, performance, and deployment.
- Ensure delivery against quality assurance goals and objectives.
- Selects and utilizes tools and methodologies to ensure that software tests identify defects and comply with quality standards; assures the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools.
- Responsible for flagging the timing of interdepartmental deliverables and the quality of their output.
- Anticipates product release problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
- Drives continuous adoption of Test Automation, staying abreast of current industry trends.
- Delivers, revises, and approves test plans; implements improvements to process and recommends alternative testing.
- Establishes and maintains policy for documentation for all products.
- Maintains compliance with Inovalon's policies, procedures and mission statement.
- Adheres to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements as outlined within Inovalon's Operating Policies and Procedures in all ways and at all times with respect to any aspect of the data handled or services rendered in the undertaking of the position.
- Fulfills those responsibilities and/or duties that may be reasonably provided by Inovalon for the purpose of achieving operational and financial success of the Employer.
- Minimum of 10+ years' experience overall
- Minimum five (5) years of experience utilizing automated Testing Tools. SELENUM IS A MUST HAVE
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a QA Manager or Software Test Lead or similar software testing position leading Testing efforts, including experience with all phases of testing: System, Integration, User Acceptance and Performance Testing.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Onsite/Offshore model. This person will be managing around 8 Automation Engineers
- Minimum five (5) years of experience participating in the design and development of the test automation framework and any in-house tools.
- Minimum four (4) years of testing experience in different environments including one or more of the following client servers: Services Oriented Architecture, Web based, and three tier architectures.
- Minimum four (4) years of ETL/ Reporting/ Data Analytics testing experience; Informatica/ Tableau tools experience is preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience with one or more of the following defect management tools: VSTS, JIRA, HP ALM.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience as a Software Test Architect/ Test Lead/ QA Lead is preferred.
- Experience with tracking and reporting SLAs and KPIs in a managed services testing engagement.
- Demonstrated experience with the various approaches used in testing including (e.g. desk checking), white-box (logic drive), black-box (requirements driven), load testing, coverage testing and regression testing.
- Technical expertise in implementing industry standard testing methodology and tools.
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of test planning and delivery challenges.
- Demonstrated knowledge of DevOps and automation including Continuous Integration tools (Open Source or commercially available such as Bamboo or Jenkins).
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Experience managing healthcare/pharmacy business units is preferred.
- Experience in test methodologies and strategies for large scale projects is required; data migration/conversion projects is preferred.
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively in teams.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field required; Master's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Sedentary work (i.e. sitting for long periods of time).
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force.
- Frequently or constantly to lift, carry push, pull or otherwise move objects and repetitive motions.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Travel for this position will include less than 5% locally usually for training purposes.
By embracing diversity, equity and inclusion we enhance our work environment and drive business success. Inovalon strives to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate and of our clients and everyone whom we serve. We endeavor to create a culture of inclusion in which our associates feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work and pursue their professional goals in an equitable setting. We understand that by fostering this type of culture, and welcoming different perspectives, we generate innovation and growth.
Inovalon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirement.
The Company maintains a drug free work environment for all of its associates, which includes employees, contractors and vendors. It is unlawful for associates to manufacture, sell, distribute, dispense, possess or use any controlled substance or marijuana in the workplace and doing so will result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment or the contracted relationship.
Consistent with our safety protocols, the company will require a vaccination attestation for fully office-based and hybrid (office/remote) positions. Positions designated as fully remote are exempt from the attestation requirement unless and until such time as an in-office presence is required. These requirements are subject to change as legal and business needs dictate.
Similar quality engineering jobs in pittsburgh pa
- quality engineering jobs jobs near me
- quality engineering jobs near me
- Director of Quality Assurance Engineering at Maven Machines
- Quality Engineer at Rivers Agile
- Senior Quality Engineer at Company Confidential
- Senior Group Manager, Quality Engineering at BNY Mellon
- Quality Assurance Engineer at ZOLL Medical Corporation
- Senior Quality Assurance Engineer at Rivers Agile
- Quality Engineer at Rivers Agile