Ocean freight remote
As an EEO / Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America.
We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
This corporate position is a part of the Direct Export team and is responsible for supporting the development of Direct Export strategy and implementing that strategy within the logistics portfolio of responsibility.
The ideal candidate will have proven success, knowledge, and current experience as an Export Freight Manager for a shipper of exempt, large containerized commodities (wastepaper, scrap material, agricultural products) to lead negotiation of rates with ocean carriers.
We seek someone who can manage relationships with ocean carriers and the lines, negotiating monthly with over 15 different carriers for over 200 lines.
WM ranks amongst the 7th largest exporters by number of containers from US to other countries with approximately 45,000 containers.
The individual who acquires this role will be responsible for a spend of 30 million dollars or more.
Sixty of this role is sales related- building relationships with ocean carriers via a high volume of phone calls and some in -person visits.
Forty percent of this role is operational management.
This position will interact with India, South America, China, Europe, and the U.S. This is a high-volume, fast-paced, corporate position, with an opportunity to experience a solid career within our well-established and growing organization.
WM is a well-established, growing, and well-known organization. This position creates an excellent opportunity to join our winning team.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Negotiates ocean freights, contracts, and service agreements with logistics partners.
- Develops logistics solutions for difficult export opportunity.
- Prepares periodic productivity and performance reports and analysis to reflect ocean activity.
- Managers and communicates the logistics with agents and vendors both domestically and internationally.
- Develops and maintains professional relationship with steam ship lines, forwarders, and regulatory officials.
- Tracks and reports cost of Demurrage and Detention (D&D), ocean freight, and other logistics issues.
- Anticipates risk and works to mitigate issues and resolve issues that occur.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
Education : High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
Experience : Six years of previous experience, in transportation, logistics, and / or supply chain management.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more less than 30 pounds rarely.
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely.
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely.
- Normal setting for this job is : Office Setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.
As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days.
Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.-
Equal Opportunity Employer : Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran
Last updated : 2022-11-24
Similar sales manager ii jobs in charleston wv
- sales manager ii jobs jobs near me
- freight jobs near me
- Ocean freight remote at wm
- Sales Executive II (Credit Union) at Fiserv
- Account Sales Manager at Swedish Match North America LLC
- Manager, Sales at Verint Systems, Inc.
- Sales Manager - Northeast at Dekker Vacuum Technologies, Inc. part of the Atlas Copco Group
- District Sales Manager (Food Service Exp Prf'd) Charleston W VA at US Foods
- Area Sales Manager at Bluegrass Insurance Group