Senior Project Manager Engineering
Tharpe Engineering Group provides innovative, yet practical, structural engineering services for a broad range of new construction and renovation projects. Our firm is founded on the belief that technical excellence and lasting client relationships play equal roles in defining a quality engineering firm. Tharpe Engineering Group is committed to providing a stimulating and rewarding work environment for our employees.
Senior Project Manager Position:
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager with 10 plus years of experience in structural engineering design for building projects utilizing structural steel, cold-formed steel, concrete, masonry, and wood. Candidate should demonstrate high levels of technical competency and mastery of fundamental engineering techniques and methods, as well as past experience managing complex design projects.
Senior Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
Tharpe Engineering Group places extremely high value on project management and its importance in ensuring quality and accuracy in our projects. A Project Manager (PM) is responsible for leading all aspects of an engineering project, including:
- Determining project objectives by reviewing proposals and coordinating with clients and Principals.
- Developing Project Work Plans and Schedules necessary to complete projects on time and within all project constraints.
- Assisting Principals with the establishment of man hour estimates and project fees.
- Generating project proposals for assigned projects.
- Managing Project Engineers, Engineers-in-Training, and Technicians as required to complete projects within all project constraints.
- Communicating with Principals on a regular basis regarding project status and team performance.
- Assisting with the establishment of Firm standards and processes as requested by Principals.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with Clients regarding project decisions.
- Controlling project costs by managing resources and staff efficiently.
- Tracking changes in scope and client expectations throughout the life of the project and managing these to minimize financial impact to the Firm.
- And other duties as assigned
Senior Project Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering required. MSCE preferred.
- Professional Engineer registration, or ability to obtain PE within 1 year.
- 10 plus years of experience in structural engineering design required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD tools required. Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in structural analysis software, such as RAM, TEDDS, ADAPT, etc.
- Interest in learning and growing professionally.
- Excellent communication, planning, and organization skills.
Senior Project Manager Pay:
Senior Project Manager Benefits:
Generous Paid Time Off schedules
Half-days on Fridays
Community Involvement Opportunities
401k, Dental Insurance, Medical Insurance
Powered by ExactHire:98556