Lead Materials Planner Sugar Land, TX (REMOTE WORK POSSIBLE)
Are you passionate about meticulous planning and attention to detail?
Do you relish working with multiple teams to ensure on-time delivery?
Join our North America Chemicals Material Planning team
Our Upstream Chemicals team oversees our chemical technology solutions for hydrocarbon production, transportation and processing. We are a leader in oil and water separation technology and in solutions to control corrosion, deposition, bacteria's. We provide chemicals and support to enhance plant processes, improve productivity, manage water treatment, and resolve environmental issues.
Play a key role in on time delivery to customers
As a Lead Materials Planner you will be responsible for planning and scheduling of the materials required to execute the business. Work with operations and supply chain to translate the demand (forecasts, sales orders, planned orders) to physical orders and ensure they are delivered to meet the customer requirements.
As a Lead Materials Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Working with the region sales and operations to create the regional forecast (12-18 mo) and global forecasts
- Colloaborating with the operations team to convert demand plans into physical orders
- Providing technical guidance and support to the local materials team and consulting with leadership for material decisions
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to meet customer requirements while minimizing inventory and shipping cost
- Developing inventory strategies, including safety stock and turns
- Performing various material management analysis such as consumption and forecasts, aged inventory, aged purchase orders, safety stock
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree; or, in the alternative, a high-school diploma plus 5+ years of materials/inventory planning experience in a manufacturing environment in addition to the below.
- Have 3+ years experience in order management and inventory optimization and management.
- Have experience leading a professional/work team, whether as a manager or simply in a team lead capacity.
- Have an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate professionally at all levels, lead meetings and collaborate with internal stakeholders
- Be a good team player, enjoy collaborating and solving problems with others
- Be excited by and demonstrate an ability to learn new processes and applications
- Have proficient skills in SAP
Work in a way that works for you
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit in everything in and work when you are the most productive
- Working remotely from home or any other work location (up to three days a week)
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
The Good Stuff
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.