Remote Business Analyst I 2023 - 1245
Managed Care Advisors Remote
remote business analyst analyst business analyst analyst management stakeholders written government product development remote team health
January 24, 2023
Managed Care Advisors
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Remote Business Analyst I Overview
Are you ready to seize an opportunity to interpret the needs of our high-profile customers and to help guide important product management and development decisions? Are you a problem solver who enjoys helping customers achieve their business goals? If so, this is a phenomenal opportunity for you. MCA is looking for a Business Analyst I who loves working with project requirements can align and communicate the project team around the stakeholders' vision while partnering with customers around their specifications.
As a Business Analyst I, you will have the opportunity to display your skills while working in product management by interpreting the customer requirements into feasible options as well as performing ad hoc analysis and assisting with research and development projects. You will bring rigor and quality, increasing efficiency, and improving customer outcomes. In addition to providing valuable insight into our customer's needs and verifying these findings, you will be an important member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team of subject matter experts and clinical specialists working to meet client requirements. As a Business Analyst, you will be involved in all stages of the product development lifecycle and continuously act as a liaison between the customer and the product team. You will produce project requirements and other required material to keep everybody on the same page by understanding stakeholders' vision and communicating it to all involved in the project to improve the quality of software the company produces.
Remote Business Analyst I Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to determine project scope and requirements
- Facilitate project requirement meetings with customers and stakeholders
- Translate conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to the development and product teams
- Assist with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options, and communicate these back to the product manager
- Assist in conducting research on products to meet agreed-upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional software teams to ensure development aligns with the requirements
- Communicate enhancements and modifications of business requirements - verbally and through written documentation - to the product manager and stakeholders so that the problems and solutions are understood
- BA/BS degree.
- 3+ years of related experience; health care management experience is preferred
- In-depth experience in product development, applications, and user experience design
- In-depth knowledge of scrum agile and DevOps concepts and lifecycle
- Extremely organized with strong project and time-management skills.
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Ability to pass credit, education, and background check
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Federal Government Security Clearance
Managed Care Advisors, Inc. (MCA) , a fully owned subsidiary of Sedgwick , is a Bethesda, Maryland-based government contracting firm and leading provider of workers' compensation and specialty health plan products and services to the U.S. federal government and private industry customers nationwide and across all US Territories. We believe in helping those with work sustained illnesses and injuries to live their best life by, providing case management and support to workers, providers, employers, and claims staff.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume, and complete the application.
The information provided above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work of the position. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required.
Successful candidates will be required to undergo a financial and criminal background check and obtain and maintain confidential-level security clearance upon hire. We participate in the United States Federal Government E-Verify program to confirm the employment authorization of the employee upon hire.
Search Firm Representatives
Please be advised that MCA is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, a valid written agreement and task order must be in place before any resumes are submitted to MCA. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at MCA without a valid written agreement and task order in place will be deemed the sole property of MCA and no fee will be paid in the event that person is hired by MCA.
MCA strives to make our career site accessible to all users. If you need a disability-related accommodation for completing the application process, please contact MCA regarding accommodations.
MCA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal state or local laws as appropriate, or upon the protected status of the person's relatives, friends or associates.
MCA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) . This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
MCA abides by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) . This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Report this job