Director of Accounting, Business - Remote
This position will manage the monthly close process for the Company's businesses, financial statement preparation, and assist with SEC reporting and consolidations function with the quarterly and annual financial reporting. The position will require a working knowledge of US GAAP, SEC regulations, external reporting processes and internal controls in a public company environment. In addition, this role will support the Controller with all Accounting related matters of the Company.
The Arena Group's expected annualized base salary range for this position is currently $120,000 - $150,000. Actual salaries will vary based on multiple factors including, but not limited to location, education, experience and other factors permitted by law. The listed salary range is but one component of The Arena Group's total compensation and benefits available to its employees.
- Manage accounting staff in conjunction with monthly and quarterly close
- Responsible for the accounting consolidation of all the Company's business operations
- Assist with preparation of external financial reporting including reports filed with the SEC on Form 10Q and 10K, in compliance with SEC regulations.
- Prepare and manage the quarterly SEC calendar.
- Assist with consolidated financial statements for monthly management reporting
- Special projects as needed
- Teamwork - must be able to work with various operating groups, both internally and externally.
- Communication Skills - must present themselves in a professional manner and communicate regularly with executives in multiple divisions as well as outside the company
- Demonstrated flexibility - must be able to juggle various projects and be willing to change projects as needed
- High Energy and Commitment - must display a positive, confident assertive personality and be able to work on projects until completion.
- Detail Oriented - must have the patience to read walkthroughs for various processes and make recommendations.
- CPA or MBA in Accounting
- SEC reporting experience
- Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- The individual in this position must be a self-starter, be organized, have a sense of urgency and be a dedicated team player.
Snapshot of Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K), with company match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Commuter Benefits
- Reimbursement for business cell phone use per company policy
- Employee Stock Option Plan (Publicly Traded Company - AREN)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Company Overview
The Arena Group creates dynamic, digital destinations that delight consumers with stories and news about the things they love - their favorite sports teams, the inside scoop on personal finance, and the latest on lifestyle essentials. We are building out a robust media ecosystem that brings together consumers, publishers and advertisers with a proven strategy that brings sustainable performance growth in audience, engagement and monetization. We harness the authority of trusted brands and the editorial prowess of our leading writers and editors. Our destinations live on a robust technology platform that helps deliver best in class capabilities in direct sales and programmatic advertising, data, SEO, social, and operations.
The Arena Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Similar director of business jobs in houston tx
- director of business jobs jobs near me
- director jobs near me
- Director, Business Development, Oracle at KPMG
- Director, Business Equity (Supplier Diversity) at Port Houston
- Business Process Analyst, Director at DeWolff, Boberg & Associates
- Executive Managing Director at Cushman & Wakefield
- Manager - Valuation at UHY Advisors
- Business Development Director, Oil & Gas at Cognite
- Sr. Director, Finance Business Partner at Quantix