Solution Engineer III (REMOTE)
Groundbreaker. Game changer. Innovator. TRC is a global firm providing environmentally focused and digitally powered solutions that address local needs. For more than 50 years, we have set the bar for clients who require consulting, construction, engineering, and management services, combining science with the latest technology to devise solutions that stand the test of time.
TRC's over 6,000 professionals serve a broad range of public and private clients, guiding complex projects from conception to completion to help solve the toughest challenges. We break through barriers for our clients and help them follow through for sustainable results.
We understand our clients' goals, and embrace them as our own, applying creativity, experience, integrity, and dedication to deliver superior solutions to the world's energy, environment and infrastructure challenges.
We will solve the challenges of making the Earth a better place to live — community by community.
TRC is ranked #19 on ENR's list of the Top 500 Design Firms in the United States.
Please watch the video below to learn more about TRC Companies:
We are seeking an experienced Solution Engineer Level III with at least 10 years of software delivery experience in the utility industry to join our Digital Solutions team. This role is fully remote or could sit in any of our 140 + offices nationwide.
The Solution Engineer (SE) is a key technical resource on software implementation & integration projects within the Digital utility practice and ensures the technical success of the project. An SE is a customer facing delivery expert, technology driven, resourceful, deadline-oriented and has strong analytical and root cause analysis skills. An SE will support the technical deliverables of the implementation project including configuring, testing, tracking and managing technical tasks. The SE works closely with the Solution Lead (SL), Solution Architect (SA) and the Project Manager (PM) to ensure that the technical solution meets the customer's needs and business objectives. The SE III has deep experience in delivering MDMS projects and would be comfortable in the Solution Lead role on the project. The SE ensures that the delivery of the technical solution falls within TRC Digital Solutions standard processes and tools.
The SE will possess the ability to work independently, remotely, and multi-task in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the TRC Software Implementation Delivery Methodology
- Experience implementing and testing Meter Data Management System (MDMS) software. Experience with the Siemens EnergyIP software is desired.
- Assists Solution Lead and Project Manager with scope management, project planning, milestones and work and resource estimates
- Acts as a technical expert supporting the Solution Lead and Solution Architect in the design of the solution to meet the customer requirements. Depending on the level of experience, the candidate may be the Solution Lead on the project.
- Develops project deliverables for the Client project team during design phase
- Participates in the Build and Test phase of the project (configures and tests) to ensure delivery of the solution on plan and adhering to technical best practices.
- Ensures that testing is being completed with high standards and on schedule. If the project doesn't have a separate QA team, then the SE will take ownership of the QA process to ensure the solution is thoroughly tested prior to SIT / UAT
- Documents requirements for custom development and works with custom development team to ensure requirements are met
- Develops and delivers onsite end user training, as needed
- Participates in services estimation to support pricing for bid and in other parts of the bid response process, as required by bid structure
- Supports proposals and participates in post bid activities including clarifications, support of short list presentation and supporting scope definition in contract development and negotiations
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills
- Utility industry knowledge breadth and depth
- Collaborative nature and willing to share knowledge across broader team while contributing to reusable collateral
- Mentor and develop other resources on the team
- Clear and timely communication internally and externally
- Ability to interact with the Client team including project sponsors and end users of the system
- Looks for ways to improve the delivery process, reduce issues / rework and improve customer satisfaction throughout the project lifecycle
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and perform root cause analysis
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Technology from an accredited school or university is required
- A minimum of 10 years of software delivery experience is required. Utility industry background is required
- 8+ years working on projects involving integration between systems, writing SQL queries or similar, performing data mapping and data transformation.
- Experience working with real-time systems and data connectivity is preferred.
- Experience with Webservices, XML, SOAP, RESTful. Etc
- Experience with EnergyIP is desired
- Up to 25% travel throughout North America, although there may be some periods in the project where consecutive weeks of travel may be required.
Join our growing Digital Grid Solutions Team and advance your career by learning from industry proven experts. Our team core values include: Safety, Teamwork, Quality, and Reliability.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match.
For more information please visit our website at: https://www.trccompanies.com/
TRC Digital Overview
In a world where energy supply and consumption are becoming increasingly more dynamic, bidirectional, and complex, energy providers are challenged with maintaining a standard of safe, reliable and resilient power. Distributed energy resource (DER) technologies and associated go to market adoption models are proliferating at a staggering rate, amongst a backdrop where traditional utility customers are transitioning from consumers to prosumers, becoming more sophisticated and more insistent on a reduced carbon footprint. These changes are occurring in an environment where, in order to support the penetration of DERs, the grid infrastructure requires more intense and targeted maintenance, and the shift of previously centralized decision making to new devices that sit at the very edge of the grid.
To address the challenges and seize the opportunities provided by this new energy landscape, TRC Digital offers an array of expertise to provide to our client partners. Our experts have delivered fully integrated software solutions to well over 30 North American utilities. TRC Digital is an expert services and solutions integration team, focused specifically on implementing partner led software technologies that will bridge today's realities with tomorrow's possibilities. TRC Digital has partnered with a true best of breed collection of software providers that address critical needs in the areas of DERs, DER Planning & Validation, DER Optimization & Dispatch, customer engagement, and new grid infrastructure. Our team members become deeply engaged with each of our partners, providing both deep utility and vendor specific domain expertise, ensuring we provide our clients with holistic solutions that scale with our partner operations and customer expectations. We draw upon our experience delivering these solutions for the past decade and enhance them with the expanse of experience and capability of TRC.
Our team of experts have an average of 15 years of experience in their relative disciplines and have played an integral part in the evolution of both the technologies and the market acceptance of such.
We are focused - our integration and delivery approaches ensure we are driving the most value/highest ROI from the installation of OT systems into the utility IT landscape. Our aim is to deliver cost effective technology that solves today's challenges while enabling future opportunities for utilities and their customers.
We are committed - our track record combined with the half-century of TRC's execution accomplishments ensures our clients receive a reliable, scalable, and fully useable solution, and more importantly, one our client can trust, leverage, and build on, in the years ahead.
We partner with our clients - we listen to our clients to understand their business processes and help weave our software partner solutions into the very fabric of the client business, and in some cases that of end customers. Our clients' view us as the "go to" team as they face this emerging landscape and embrace the new energy future.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Similar solutions engineer jobs in raleigh nc
- solutions engineer jobs jobs near me
- engineer iii (remote) jobs near me
- Solutions Engineer - FULLY REMOTE at CyberCoders
- Senior Solutions Engineer at Itron, Inc.
- Solutions Engineer - Healthcare at Qualtrics
- Solutions Engineer III -Remote at PMG
- Solution Engineer III (REMOTE) at TRC
- Senior Customer Solutions Engineer at Sysdig
- Senior Solutions Engineer at insightsoftware