Valuations Manager - Remote
Summary: The Valuations Manager (VM) is responsible for valuing prospective deals and training and managing Real Estate Analysis on how to do the same. The VM must be able to determine a reliable estimate of market value for prospective deals to be used by House Buyers of America in determining whether to acquire a residential property. In addition to acquisitions, the Valuations Manager must also be able to determine a reliable pricing strategy to sell properties that have been acquired by House Buyers. Ability to work in a fast-paced, production environment and meet specific production targets is key to the success of this position. This position is fully remote!
- Responsible for the pricing of properties we acquire and determining pricing strategy to maximize ROI and turnaround times for disposition of properties.
- Responsible for interacting with the Sales Department regarding pricing decisions.
- Hiring, training managing, and terminating valuation staff.
- Assisting in determining the scope of work and budget for construction. Work with Construction and Sales departments to help determine the best construction strategy.
- Responsible for accuracy of all valuations.
- Responsible for meeting the turnaround objectives for all valuations.
- Responsible for helping train new Valuations Managers in other markets.
- Ensuring that properties do not sit too long on the market.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Anything else necessary to help the company meet its goals. Being a fast-paced, dynamic organization, House Buyers team members can expect to wear many hats and go beyond their traditional duties when necessary.
- 5-10 years experience minimum in residential property appraisal
- Appraisal license or completion of all appraisal coursework
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient computer skills.
Why we are a great place to work:
- Our awesome company culture includes: competitive pay great benefits, great people, casual dress, free snacks/drinks, team events, work hard/ play hard environment
- Our revenue is growing! Our revenue increased by 27% in Q2 of 2021 vs Q2 of 2020!
- We’re growing fast! Our Q2YTD 2021 acquisitions increased by 43% compared to 2020!
- We’re profitable! Our net profit increased in Q2YTD 2021 by 33% for the same time last year!
- Our margins are growing – Our gross margin (%) increased 29% in Q2YTD 2021 for the same time last year!
- We’re in the middle of a rapid, nationwide expansion. So far in 2021 we launched into six new markets - Hampton Roads, Richmond, Oklahoma City, Dallas, Philadelphia and Atlanta... and more to come!
House Buyers of America is a residential real estate investment company founded in 2001 and headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. We buy, renovate, and resell a high volume of homes offering a guaranteed, fast, and hassle-free sale to people who want to sell their house without paying a Realtor commission. We have a history of strong growth and success, having bought and sold thousands of houses. Our Company went from $0 to $50 million in annual revenue in its first 3 years in business and won the Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. We are active members of the Forbes Real Estate Council.
House Buyers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate by sex, creed, race, or by age. www.HouseBuyersOfAmerica.com