Senior Software Engineer - PHP (Remote)
411 Locals is an exciting 15-year old advertising agency and business services company working in the US market, with offices around the world. The company has been growing with a stable 25% YOY growth for the past several years and currently services more than 13,000 subscribing customers.
411 Locals is looking for an Senior Software Engineer expertise in PHP to join our Development team and who can take our business as usual model to the next levels of growth and profitability. This person will have an opportunity to work closely with a global team of developers and management that is working on several very exciting projects.
This is an Full time remote or virtual position, which is a great opportunity to work from home and resource has to use there own gadget's (Desktop/Laptop) and network connectivity.
Requirements gathering, design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of N-tier web-based PHP applications utilizing frameworks like Symfony and Laravel. The individual should be able to lead complex software projects.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields with relevant experience of 2+ Years.
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Experience with PHP MVC frameworks (Symfony, Kohana, CodeIgniter, Zend, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Hands on Angular, couchDB and/or MongoDB
- Excellent relational database skills with MySQL
- Experience with building restful JSON web services
- Knowledge of API's, such as twitter, Facebook, Google maps, Instagram, etc.
- Understanding of responsive design frameworks such as bootstrap
- Good written and spoken English;
- Friendly and positive attitude;
- Ability to work in a team;
- ERP experience will be counted as a definite plus.
New application development, enhancements, bug fixes, support, training, and mentoring junior resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop, record and maintain cutting edge web-based PHP applications on portal plus premium service platforms
- Build innovative, state-of-the-art applications and collaborate with the UX team
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- Utilize Back End data services and contribute to increase existing data services API
- Lead the entire web application development life cycle right from concept stage to delivery and post-launch support
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
- Use test-driven development and acceptance tests to ensure feature quality
- Interface with customer and internal teams to gather requirements and develop software solutions
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues
- Document the development process, architecture, and standard components
- Coordinate with co-developers and keeps project manager well informed of the status of development effort and serves as a liaison between development staff and project manager
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
Get Stuff Done, Deliver Results, Own It!
- Achieve results for the business and for customers
- Be accountable and action oriented
- Take ownership for identifying and creatively solving problems
- Know your numbers and manage them daily
Directly Communicate, Fiercely Collaborate
- Get to the point - be professional, direct, and efficient
- Lead with facts, actions and solutions - not opinions and excuses
- Work together to quickly, efficiently, and effectively solve issues and improve the business
- Passionately debate ideas to get to the best outcome and then once a decision has been made move forward together to make it successful as a cross-functional team
- Be open, transparent, and inclusive with both successes and challenges
Innovate Always and in All Ways
- Entrepreneurial to our core
- Always be looking for new business opportunities and new ways to serve our customers
- Never satisfied with how things are currently and always look to make improvements
- Motivated by creating something from nothing or designing a new way to do something
Domain Experts, Company Experts
- Hunger for knowledge, personal growth, and passion for learning
- Leverage existing true functional expertise and develop new functional expertise
- Develop a profound understanding of the company, internal and external customers, and markets to successfully apply domain expertise
Growth: Customers, Company, People
- Have a growth mindset for our customers, the company and ourselves.
- Personal and people development plus building high performance teams are the foundation for future growth
- Plan and organize eXponential growth, The world is too big for thinking small
- Profitable growth through diversification in products and channels for future stability
- Approach each decision and each obstacle encountered with a focus on creating win, win, win outcomes for our customers, the company, and ourselves. Everybody wins
Similar engineer senior jobs in richardson tx
- engineer senior jobs jobs near me
- senior software engineer jobs near me
- Senior Industrial Engineer at Motorola Solutions
- Senior Engineer at Parsons Corporation
- Senior Systems Engineer - RAN (Remote) at CommScope
- Senior Lead Engineer, Manufacturing Process at Celestica
- Senior Principal Engineer - WiFi (remote) at CommScope
- Senior Data Engineer (Remote Eligible) at Capital One
- Senior Encryption Engineer at Texas Capital Bank