Software Engineer - Associate Director- REMOTE
United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Position Role Type:
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight-designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we're seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you'll find a place where your talent takes flight-beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we'll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that's evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney Digital Technology team is seeking a high-energy Associate Director Software Engineer to join our Engineering Applications team where you will have the opportunity to design and build the next generation of Digital Engineering applications, pushing the boundaries on knowledge management modernization and other key initiatives, in support of the Engineering function. You will be a technical contributor and leader for a highly collaborative team responsible for delivery of software applications to our engineering customers and partners.
- Be the technical focal of a team of Software Engineers, Business Analysts, Program Management, Engineering end-users & SMEs
- Work collaboratively with other developers, QA, Testing, internal and external partners to plan and execute global Engineering Application requirements to design, test, and deployment
- Translate system level and functional requirements into low-level software requirements and software implementation
- Be available for application deployments and go-live support
- Implement CI/CD Platforms through DevSecOps pipeline
- In conjunction with the Product Owner, hold and execute actions from retrospective team meetings.
- Ability to effectively interact with Engineering Management and team developers
- Collaborate interactively in diverse, cross-functional, remote teams
- Knowledge and experience working in Agile / Scrum teams, including daily standups, retrospectives, demos/reviews
- Experience with AWS/Azure native cloud services (Ex. Redshift, EC2, S3, Databricks, Lambda/SSQ, VMs, Kubernetes).
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience, and grow the strategy/adoption of these new initiatives
- Proven track record of delivering software solutions, technical solutions, and solving problems
- U.S. Citizen (required due to Government contractual requirements)
- Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years of experience or an advanced degree with 10+ years of experience. Preferred fields include Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related technical discipline(s)
- Advanced degree
- Ability to provide strategic technical DT-Engineering leadership and lead by influence the creation of long-term strategy (e.g., more than 3 years) roadmaps in a virtual environment
- Highly skilled at analyzing business process and seeing opportunities for digital solutions
- Experience in supplier management, Project Management, SDLC, Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Good communication skills, work ethic and a high level of personal integrity and accountability
- Willingness to learn new technologies & take on new projects to grow experience
- Highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a solid ability to drive and deliver results
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated organizational and leadership skills, examples of effective teamwork, a track record of consistently meeting deadlines and due dates
- You're comfortable working with minimal daily supervision and to balance numerous priorities
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure, in a fast-paced environment of rapidly changing demands
- Experience designing and implementing automated solutions
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We've introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home).
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal responsibility.
The salary range for this role is 139,000 USD - 277,000 USD; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms