Territory Sales Manager - Long Term Care, Pittsburgh, PA
Urovant Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing innovative therapies for urological conditions.
Every employee at Urovant plays an integral role to our success. We are ambitious in our approach to improving outcomes for the patients and healthcare providers we serve. Our fast-paced environment rewards strategic decision-making and collaboration, giving team members opportunities to grow beyond their expertise.
The Company’s current area of research focus is Urological disease. Urovant Sciences is currently investigating treatments for OAB in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), as well as an earlier stage gene-therapy for OAB in patients who have failed oral pharmacologic therapy. Urovant Sciences, a subsidiary of Sumitovant Biopharma Ltd., intends to develop novel treatments for additional urologic diseases. Learn more at www.urovant.com.
The Long Term Care Territory Sales Manager will be the face of Urovant Sciences to our customers. Each territory will be covered by a single Long Term Care Territory Sales Manager reinforcing a performance-based environment of ownership and accountability. You will be responsible for managing, developing and growing your long term care (LTC) accounts while aligning with Urovant’s mission, vision and values of advancing urologic care through bold innovation while operating with integrity, compassion and achievement through collaboration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve and strive to exceed sales objectives by effectively utilizing account-based selling strategies to meet the needs of all key stakeholders in LTC including physicians, mid-level practitioners, nursing home clinical and managerial staff, LTC pharmacies, consultant pharmacists and professional associations. Your focus will be on growing Urovant’s product market share base by closing for new business in both new and existing accounts prioritized on market potential.
- You must demonstrate an exceptional level of clinical expertise (product/competition/disease state) and understanding of the evolving long term care landscape. Our culture encourages a growth mindset which is open to coaching and continual learning.
- Assess and analyze product/competitor trends at the territory and account affiliation levels. Develop and execute account sales strategies and tactics in a compliant manner while effectively aligning budgets and resources based on highest opportunities to accelerate brand growth.
- Proactively provide candid, constructive and collaborative communication with Sales Leadership, Marketing, Market Access and other Urovant teams.
- Ensure that all administrative tasks (including call reporting, sample management, expense reports, training modules, business plans, etc.) are completed in a timely, accurate and compliant manner.
- Travel is required throughout the territory. Overnight stays may be required including meetings which may extend over several days (on occasion may include weekends) and require work during evening hours and/or overnight stays.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 2 or more years pharmaceutical sales experience, 3 or more years Long Term Care account management/sales experience is strongly preferred; Urology experience preferred
- A proven, consistent and documented track record of top ranked sales performance (ideally top 25% of the nation) required
- Strong and successful pharmaceutical launch experience preferred
Essential Skills and Abilities
- A proven and documented track record of applied clinical knowledge, healthcare landscape knowledge and critical thinking skills are required
- Must display a strong work ethic and ability to quickly identify and accelerate sales trends and offset challenges
- Consistently operate in a manner which demonstrates and instills trust and integrity across all aspects of the role
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced start up environment
- Ability to comply with customer institution access requirements
- 20% or more overnight travel may be required depending on the assigned territory
- Ability to drive a car and possess a valid and current driver’s license
To ensure the health and safety of our workforce while doing our part to protect those around us, Urovant Sciences is requiring proof of full COVID vaccination for US and Global employees as a condition of employment, subject to legally recognized accommodations.