Regional Sales Manager, Midwest Region (ND, SD, NE, KS, CO, MT, WY)
Position is located in the Midwest West Region. Must be located in North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Colorado, Montana, or Wyoming.
Sell forage, forage products, straw, small animal food, specialty items, and lawn/garden products to both farm and feed retailers and pet retailers.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Key Performance Areas (Essential Functions of the Position)
- Build relationships with existing customers and cultivate new leads within the sales territory
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Represent the brands during all customer and prospect interactions
- Present, promote, and make recommendations to customers regarding product displays, promotional programs, and advertising based on customers' needs and interests.
- Educate customers and answer customers' questions regarding products, prices, availability, warranties, delivery dates
- Work with retail merchants to improve product exposure such as shelf positioning and advertising.
- Obtain credit information, negotiate contracts, and attain credit terms of prospective customers
- Maintain records of all sales leads and/or customer accounts
- Prepare order forms and work directly with Sales Account Specialist to arrange delivery and merchandising of products.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints and provide on-going support to ensure maximize satisfaction
- Monitor market conditions, competitors, product innovations, market conditions, and competitors' products, prices, and promotions.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales and provide management with status reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Prepare sales budgets and reports, keep sales records, and filing expense account reports
- Coordinate sales effort with team members and other departments
- Travel throughout the territory and visit customers on a recurring basis
- Train customers' employees on products and product features.
- Other tasks as assigned
Experiences/ Education Requirements
- College Degree (Business, Marketing of like); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Thorough knowledge of excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills with proven negotiation skills.
- Strong account management and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
50-75% Travel required, must be comfortable flying to meetings and/or accounts
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $62,000.00 - $80,768.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
Work Location: Remote