Chief Financial Officer
Vista Del Mar (VDM) is well-positioned to benefit from an innovative, strategic, and collaborative finance professional. Reporting to President & CEO, Lena Wilson, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) provides executive-level leadership and planning to ensure the financial and operational success of the organization’s strategic goals. The CFO heads process improvement initiatives to ensure accurate reporting; maximizes revenues within each contract; and ensures optimal utilization of resources.
The CFO directs all of the organization’s financial and risk management including overall financial functions, systems, and reporting; budgeting, audit, internal controls, and regulatory compliance; cash management and investments; financial/strategic planning; credit financing capital needs, debt structure and service; insurance programs and contracts management. The CFO staffs the Finance, Audit and Investment committees of the Board of Directors.
Vista Del Mar serves the changing needs of all children and families in our community by offering high-quality treatment programs for children with significant emotional, social, learning, and developmental disabilities. In a safe and nurturing environment, Vista Del Mar provides a range of exceptional programs in education, autism, adoption, residential care, prevention, and early intervention.
Each year, Visa Del Mar serves more than 5,000 families in need, and the demand for services continues to grow. Across all programs, approximately 80 percent of clients come from low-income backgrounds. Vista Del Mar’s current annual operating budget is approximately $40 million with a dedicated staff of nearly 500 full-time employees.
For more information, please visit www.vistadelmar.org.
- Competitive candidates will have a track record of proven financial leadership experience gained through increasingly responsible positions ideally within a complex social services organization with diverse program areas and multiple funding sources.
- Experience as a CFO or senior financial manager in a dynamic nonprofit organization funded through disparate contracting arrangements with a wide variety of governmental agencies is strongly preferred.
- Experience overseeing accounting, budgeting, controls, and reporting is essential and expected. Experience working with volunteer Board members is important.
- Proven successful team leadership is also required and successful candidates must demonstrate a clearly articulated collaborative and flexible management style.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; an MBA and/or CPA or related advanced degree is preferred.
Compensation & Additional Considerations
The annual salary range for this position will be $220,000 to $260,000 based on experience. A comprehensive benefits package will be provided. This is a full-time exempt position with the expectation of regular in-person work at Vista Del Mar’s West Los Angeles campus; a hybrid remote work schedule with a maximum of one to two days of telecommuting per week will be considered after six months of employment.
Vista Del Mar has retained Morris & Berger to conduct the CFO search. To view the full position description, please visit https://pub.lucidpress.com/morrisberger_2218/. To apply, please submit an application, including a resume and a letter of interest, in confidence to Morris & Berger through their website: https://www.morrisberger.com/position.php?id=2218.