Bid Manager / Proposal Manager Grid Control (remote)
We are accelerating and securing the energy transition sustainably and profitably.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure Grid Software enables grid operators as well as industry and infrastructure companies to accelerate and secure the energy transition in a sustainable and profitable way. We connect the physical and the digital world with an integrated OT and IT landscape along the entire value chain from planning through operations to maintenance following its design principles of modularity, openness, user-centricity, interoperability and resilience.
It's your role, here's the part you can play:
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for managing the development and submission of individual proposals for our business in the hub region from start to finish. Secondarily, the successful candidate will be available to assist in sales activities, such as demonstrations or presentations.
- Manage proposals (technically and commercially) in timely and accurate manner.
- Create cost / price estimates considering the financial targets of the business
- Evaluate the requirements of a proposal and develop a delivery plan.
- Run qualification/kick-off calls with the project team.
- Collaborate with in-house subject matter experts to develop the technical solution.
- Communicate with a variety of internal stakeholders to drive deadlines and deliver on schedule.
- Work with partner networks to develop bids as a unified team.
- Support the ongoing use and maintenance of our proposal software tool.
- Follow proposal procedures to develop polished, professional response to our customers.
- Develop the financial workbook with input from stakeholders.
- Coordinate the approval process according to the [email protected] guidelines.
- Ensure that the projects are smoothly handed over to the project execution team.
- Gain a high-level functional understanding of products offered.
Be part of our team, here's what's needed:
- BS in Software Engineering or Business, Engineering, Finance or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years working experience, preferably in a similar role to proposal management.
- Experience in the design and configuration of utility software solutions.
- Experience in bid management processes, including the financial aspects.
- Quick learner and initiative driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Ability to manage multiple projects under pressure.
- Travel requirement estimated at 10%.
Here are the skills that will set you apart:
- Understanding of the Project Management process.
- Electrical Utility, Software Vendor, or IT industry experience.
- Sales and/or business development experience.
- Experience with international and cross border projects.
We've got a lot to offer:
- An opportunity to work with innovative and modern technologies - products and services in the field of electrification, automation, and digitalization
- Competitive compensation (salary and bonus based on qualifications)
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off
- Paid parental leave
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
Similar director of business jobs in minnetonka mn
- director of business jobs jobs near me
- proposal manager jobs near me
- Director of Operations at Mind The GAPP
- Business Manager at Apple
- Director of Product Management of Claims Pricing at Naviguard
- Relationship Manager, Minnetonka, MN at Fidelity Investments Careers
- Director of Business Development - Now Hiring at DCM Services, LLC
- Sales Director at Perrill
- Cloud Analyst at Medical Information Technology Inc