Senior Engineer - Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) Programs (Hybrid and Remote Eligible)
Interested in joining a growing company where you will work with talented colleagues, enhance a supportive and energetic culture, and be part of the climate solution? At Energy Solutions, we focus on the big impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon and water-use savings. For 27 years, we've harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
Energy Solutions is currently seeking a full-time Senior Engineer to join our Distributed Energy Resources (DERs) team. The person selected to fill this position shall have expertise in building science, energy-efficient technologies, energy savings methodology analysis, energy modeling, and energy codes. Knowledge of demand response is especially sought after, together with knowledge of HVAC systems, water heating, grid harmonization technologies, and distributed generation.
As a member of the DERs team, you will assist with driving customer participation in programs that incentivize the adoption of various DERs including; distributed solar, energy storage, demand response, microgrids, and electric vehicle grid integration. These leading-edge energy technologies are critical in driving our nation's progress toward a decarbonized grid, and you will play a material role in helping our team make this future a reality. This unique market opportunity, paired with Energy Solutions' mission driven approach, creates a perfect environment for individuals who want to have an active voice in shaping the energy future in North America and beyond.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Equipment review, measure development, new measure support and research, data analysis, and program technical support
- Analysis of energy efficient technologies in the context of energy policy
- Perform energy modeling using EnergyPlus and similar software and apply statistical methods to results
- Write reports on technical topics, such as Title 24 case reports, energy savings analysis, cost-effectiveness analyses, and code compliance
- Support development of proposals and business development efforts
- Lead the overall direction, management, quality control, and completion of project deliverables.
- Develop and manage project budgets, schedules and tasks with minimal oversight.
- Monitor the progress of projects and communicating progress to management and clients
- Provide oversight and review of supporting staff for quality and compliance
- A technical bachelor's degree with an energy focus, preference being towards mechanical, electrical, environmental, or architectural engineering
- 8-10 years of engineering or work experience in related area
- Knowledge of Title 24, ASHRAE 90.1, IECC, and other energy codes
- Demonstrated ability to write reports, technical papers, and provide technical presentations to knowledgeable audiences
- Expertise in energy modeling, deep knowledge of EnergyPlus, and experience with large-scale simulations, and data analysis and scripting
- Project management experience including budget development and management
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Willingness to conduct occasional business travel
- Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including a generous retirement plan, medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
To apply please visit .
For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at .
We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check; drug screens are required and authorization to work in the U.S. indefinitely is a precondition of employment. Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
Similar principal engineer jobs in nashville tn
- principal engineer jobs jobs near me
- senior engineer jobs near me
- Principal Engineer at Intel
- 766564 - Principal Engineer or Scientist at Geosyntec Consultants
- Lead Mechanical Engineer at Corporate Solutions Tech
- Principal Structural Engineer at McMillen Jacobs Associates
- High Speed i/o Principal Engineer (SK) at Intel
- Senior Civil Engineer at SSOE Group
- Senior Electrical Engineer at I.C. Thomasson Associates, Inc.