Associate Marketing Manager (Remote)
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG! Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company, serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from 1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Associate Product Manager - Commercial will contribute to the design and implementation of comprehensive, customer facing product strategies, with the goal of growing and retaining the customer base in assigned segments. The Associate Product Manager will also assist in the definition, product vision and brand strategies based on research and analysis.
- Proven experience with customer facing marketing for products or industries that are national in scope
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to drive initiatives
- Creative thinker with talent for developing novel solutions to meet business needs
- Self-starter and able to collaborate across multiple teams
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and execution of advertising, marketing and public relations activities to maximize sales within assigned segments/categories
- Collects data related to brand performance, competitiveness and trends in the marketplace and recommends strategies based on research and analysis
- Works with sales teams to identify and implement appropriate lead generation programs and coordinates lead management efforts
- Provide marketing support and input for strategic initiatives
- Analyze customer sales data to segment and target potential customers, identify opportunities to increase market share and sales growth, or make operational improvements.
- Supervises the activities of vendors, agencies and other stakeholders engaged by Marketing to execute marketing communication, advertising and public relations programs.
- Builds components of marketing programs including identifying customer segments, creating mailing lists for campaigns and drives efforts in creative development and production of sell sheets, advertisements and other sales enablement assets
- Assist with marketing automation efforts to scale and improve campaign performance, while recommending creative solutions to engage with customers
- Monitors and analyzes performance in relation to KPIs; makes recommendations for program improvements based on results
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Superb communication skills, oral and written, as well as strong presentation skills
- Proven analytical skills
- The ability to generate positive direct relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and analyze marketing and communication initiatives and opportunities
- Superior presentation skills.
- Business/financial acumen.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Business or Marketing (removed MBA requirement)
- 5+ years' experience in consumer or B2B marketing
- Experience and demonstrated capabilities in strategic thinking, planning and campaign execution.
- Project management experience with proven success.
- Experience in CRM tools such as Microsoft Dynamics, Marketing Automation tools such as Oracle Eloqua a plus
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied hire on that basis.