Software Development Manager (Remote)
The Software Engineering Manager will be responsible for Allstate's new Experimentation Platform. The new Experimentation platform will enable enterprise scale experimentation and experiment tracking across Allstate's products. The Software Engineer Manager will help architect and designs the new Enterprise Experimentation Platform using modern tools, technologies, frameworks, and systems. This is a great opportunity to build something new from the ground up! The manager will need to apply their scientific and technological knowledge to design, implement, test, and document of the platform. They own and manage running their application in production, and ultimately are accountable for the success of their digital products through achieving KPIs.
The Experimentation Platform Manager will plan, direct, design, and execute IT-related activities and programs that are of a complex and critical nature. The Manager also selects, leads, counsels, motivates, sets expectations and evaluates medium to large teams. Additionally, they confer with and advise direct reports on administrative policies and procedures, risks, issues, problem resolution, sourcing decisions, budget and priorities.
- Leads and participates in inceptions and iteration planning meetings, infusing backlogs with technical input working in close partnership with the product manager
- Leads and participates in daily site, cross-site, and product team standups
- Leads and participates in retrospectives; demonstrating and encouraging each participant to provide feedback with empathy
- Leads the effort of shaping the architecture and design of the product
- Leads collaboration and strategy alignment across product portfolios (cross-product) in partnership with product managers, other peers and key stakeholders
- Serves as an expert on multiple business domain and a distinguished advocate of multiple technology stacks and shares that knowledge across organizations
- Serves as the anchor of the team and practices technical leadership; helping guide the team in choosing the right technology, solving technical problems, and resolving any technical conflicts within the team
- Establishes continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous deployment pipelines and practices
- Hands on experience and accountability architecting, designing, implementing and delivering large scale distributed systems and/or applications for the cloud, including microservices architectures
- Understanding of experimentation and data science preferred but not required
- Experience developing software in different programming languages, and demonstrated ability to quickly learn new languages, including but not limited to, Java (Spring), Python, and Golang
- Experience and knowledge in developing REST APIs including tooling for documentation (swagger, REST-docs, openapi spec), versioning, service discovery/registration, testing and management; experience using API gateways a plus
- Experience and knowledge in web and API security including authentication, authorization, OAuth, OWASP, OpenID, and SAML
- Experience in Back End development design and implementation; database (relational, NoSQL, caching), messaging and big data development, implementation and optimization
- Knowledge and advanced experience using distributed version control systems (git), artifact management systems, build and packaging systems (maven, gradle, npm, artifactory, etc ) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TravisCI, Concourse, Bamboo, GoCD).
- Experience in Test Driven Development; including knowledge and experience in testing frameworks like junit, mockito, jasmine, protractor, cucumber, and other like technologies
- Experience with containers, K8S, and Kafka to build event based systems
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 or more years of related experience
Similar development executive jobs in los angeles ca
- development executive jobs jobs near me
- software development manager jobs near me
- Director, Business Development (Remote) at Slickdeals
- Business Development Executive at Kuehne + Nagel
- Specialty Development Executive- Oncology at LabCorp
- Business Development Executive at Grant Thornton LLP
- New Business Development Director at Ramcar Batteries Inc
- Business Development Director at Movement Strategy
- Director of Business Development at We First, Inc.