Process Engineer Senior
Purpose of JobThe candidate selected for this position will work on the Retail Banking Operations, Shared Services Team at USAA Bank. They will lead and facilitate multi-functional teams in the application of process engineering principles to craft and/or optimize business processes and their overall performance, using Lean and Six Sigma techniques and tools.
Partners with multi-functional teams, in the application of process engineering principles to design and/or optimize business processes and their overall performance. Responsible for consistently completing the Business Process Management (BPM) strategy within a CoSA or across the Enterprise. Complete process improvement projects that sustainably improve member and employee experiences and business deliverables. Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and ensures risks associated with business activities are efficiently identified, measured, supervised, and controlled. Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds – collaborating in-person in the office and working from home. The actual onsite days are settled between each employee and the employee’s manager. Candidates are expected to live a commutable distance from our office in San Antonio, TX.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Identifies and handles existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are efficiently identified, measured, supervised, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and procedures for business activities.
- Contributes/delivers process Improvement projects that deliver measurable cost savings, improved quality, or increased production.
- Applies knowledge of customers, products and processes to analyze business problem(s) and determine the best methodology to resolve defect or issue.
- Synthesizes analyses, identifies root causes and develops and recommends key work products.
- Analyzes processes to identify areas of improvement, root cause analysis, and provide appropriate analytics to facilitate business effort prioritization.
- Serves as a resource to team members on raised issues of an unusual nature.
- Resolves issues and navigates obstacles to deliver work product and finds opportunities and potential process engineer solutions.
- Develops and crafts process improvement recommendations; influences and mobilizes partner dedication to change process, systems and structures to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree; OR 4 years of related experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6 years of relevant business experience to include 2 years of process improvement experience.
- Demonstrated use of statistics, LEAN Six Sigma, data analysis, and industry tools (SIPOC, VOC, Process Mapping, Process Requirements), and process engineering methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to influence change at the leadership level and team level.
- Green Belt certification (one which required successful implementation of a process related project that solved a business problem/improved business performance) OR demonstrated completion of 3 Lean/Six Sigma projects.
- Black Belt certification
- Retail Bank experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience managing stakeholders at all levels
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200-$175,000*.
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
To see details on our outstanding benefits, visit USAA Total Rewards.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.