Delivery Center Engineer (Remote - FL, TX, GA, NC, PA)
SEIZE THE OPPORTUNITY TO BE A PART OF SOMETHING GREAT!
Presidio is on the leading edge of a technology-driven movement to transform the way business is done, for our customers and our customers' customers. Joining Presidio means immersing yourself in a culture of self-starters, collaborators and innovators who make real, lasting change in the marketplace via cutting-edge technology and business solutions. At Presidio, we know that it’s our people that make the connections happen.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US? You will set your career on track for outstanding achievement with a company that knows no limits. Presidio is a leading a global digital services and solutions provider focused on Digital Infrastructure, Business Analytics, Cloud, Security & Emerging solutions.
THE ROLE: Delivery Center Engineer
As a Delivery Center Engineer, you will be responsible for monitoring and managing customer internal infrastructures and their platforms under the direct supervision of the Engineering Manager. The Engineer will be the primary point of contact for all incidents assigned to them and retain ownership until resolution unless otherwise advised. The position is subject to shift work and a candidate would be expected to move to different shifts as needed. The Engineer will be expected to interact with customers, peers, and management via phone, IM, video, and email to ensure customer issues are resolved per contracted SLA’s while documenting all actions and communication in the ticketing system, ServiceNow.
This position will be remote (FL, TX, NC, GA, PA). No travel is required.
- Serve as an escalation point for Tier 1 on support requests for products supported in our network product catalog.
- Provide ongoing Tier 2 support of production environments that include Cisco, Palo Alto, F5, Juniper, Fortinet and Aruba products
- Carry out testing of new features and functionality as required and to help develop plans to implement and verify that they are operating correctly in a live network
- Test patches and fixes to operating software and to ensure that they are implemented and functioning correctly in the pre-production test network (if available) and then live network as implementation plans dictate.
- Troubleshoot equipment, configuration and network problems and to open and track vendor support cases through to problem resolution on production issues.
- Support ongoing efforts in defining best practices and policies and submit these practices and policies to our Knowledge Base
- Participate in an on-call rotation and may be called upon to work off-hours to support customer escalations.
- The Engineer will be expected to develop additional skills in other products as business needs dictate
- Detailed technical experience in the installation and operation of IP Routers, Switches and Firewalls. This includes hands-on operation of management tools and network analyzers.
- Thorough understanding of the protocols surrounding IP networks. These skills should generally include: a. TCP/IP fundamentals; b. IP subnetting and super netting and hierarchical routing principles; c. Routing protocol operation (OSPF and BGP); d. Routing policies at BGP peering points; e. VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies (L2TP, MPLS, etc.); f. Multicast, switching, spanning tree, MC-LAG and other switching technology as required, firewalls and associated technologies as required
- Ability to function in a team environment and recognize and take on tasks with self-direction
- Communicate well within the team articulating both client facing and internal operational problems before they become issues being proactive where possible.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work calmly under pressure
Additional Desired Skills:
- Palo Alto PCNSE
- F5 CA
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Passion to continue learning and expanding your knowledge.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or military experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience providing implementation and technical support of networking products in LAN, WAN, or Internet services environments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent level relationship management abilities, ability to work well with many levels of client engineering and management.
- Cisco Certification (CCNP) or Juniper (JNCIS-SP) is required for this role.
Presidio is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the highest levels and has strengthened its drive to build and drive systemic DEI change process across all levels of the organization. Cultivating a culture of inclusion where the expression of all our differences are valued, celebrated, and add to our collective achievements.
Presidio is a global digital services and solutions provider accelerating business transformation through secured technology modernization. Highly skilled teams of engineers and solutions architects with deep expertise across cloud, security, networking and modern data center infrastructure help customers acquire, deploy and operate technology that delivers impactful business outcomes. Presidio is a trusted strategic advisor with a flexible full life cycle model of professional, managed, and support and staffing services to help execute, secure, operationalize and maintain technology solutions. We serve as an extension of our clients' IT teams, providing deep expertise and letting them focus on their core business. Presidio operates in 40+ US offices and offices in Ireland, London, Singapore, and India.
For more information visit: http://presidio.com
Presidio is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local statutes, regulations and ordinances.
To read more about discrimination protections under Federal Law, please visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
If you have any difficulty using our online system and need an accommodation in the job application process due to a disability, please send an email to [email protected] for assistance.
Presidio is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. State Employment Services, please provide priority referrals to [email protected].
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Agencies/3 Parties may not solicit to any employee of Presidio. Any candidate information received from any Agency/3 Party will be considered a gift and property of Presidio, unless the Agency/3 Party is an Authorized Vendor of Presidio with an up-to-date Presidio Contract in hand signed by Presidio Talent Acquisition. No payment will be made to any Agency/3 Party who is not an Authorized Vendor, nor has specific approval in writing from Presidio Talent Acquisition to engage in recruitment efforts for Presidio.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)