Learning & Development Partner (hybrid/remote onsite opportunity)
Learning & Development Partner (hybrid/remote onsite opportunity)
Job ID: req3029
Employee Type: exempt full-time
Division: Human Resources
Facility: ATRF: Other
Location: 8560 Progress Drive, Frederick, MD 21701 USA
The Frederick National Laboratory is a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and operated by Leidos Biomedical Research, Inc. The lab addresses some of the most urgent and intractable problems in the biomedical sciences in cancer and AIDS, drug development and first-in-human clinical trials, applications of nanotechnology in medicine, and rapid response to emerging threats of infectious diseases.
Accountability, Compassion, Collaboration, Dedication, Integrity and Versatility; it's the FNL way.
The Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research (FNL) is seeking a dynamic and experienced Learning & Development Partner who is passionate about developing others and committed to creating and developing a Learning & Development culture that is mission aligned, accessible, innovative, inclusive and impactful to support staff, their professional development and advance the mission and values of FNL.
This hybrid-remote work position with the Human Resources and Learning & Organization Development Team will focus on designing, developing and facilitating robust programs for employee development with focus on management and leadership. This role will positively influence the learning culture and play an integral role in employee engagement efforts across the organization.
The Human Resources Directorate, located in Frederick, MD, provides support to 2400+ employees in the areas of recruitment and staffing, employee relations and counseling, learning and development, wage and salary administration, Affirmative Action and employee benefits.
If you value accountability, compassion, collaboration, dedication, integrity and versatility as a guidepost for how you work every day in serving others and the public's interest, and believe you are a great fit for this role please apply.
- Strategic partner and subject matter expert in the creation and execution of best-in-class learning and organizational development initiatives: management, leadership, career and team development
- Build and cultivate effective working partnerships and relationships with HR Team, L&D partners, subject matter experts (SMEs), stakeholders and staff at all levels to champion, effectively communicate and execute our L&D vision, mission, priorities, resources and events
- Conduct needs analysis to define learning needs and create learning plans that recommend best learning solutions using modern workplace learning methodologies and techniques to build capability and support the professional development of staff, teams and the mission of the Frederick National Laboratory
- Incorporate adult learning principles and best practices in instructional design to create appropriate learning solutions including materials, resources and formal, informal, bespoke and blended learning interventions
- Deliver and facilitate high quality, meaningful in-person and virtual learning using a variety of modern learning instructional techniques, platforms and formats in order to meet the needs of all employees who work onsite, remotely and in hybrid format
- Coach and mentor employees to increase engagement, maximize potential and empower staff to generate solutions and own their professional development
- Measure the effectiveness and impact of learning & development initiatives, programs and solutions, leverage data to improve ROI and collaborate on necessary revisions and changes to implement and improve outcomes and overall L&D offer across organization
- Assist with maintaining course catalogs; creating and administering learning assignments, managing rosters, track completions and evaluations using EDGE, our learning management system (LMS), and provide user support
- Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance and management of learning processes, procedures and standards for a growing learning organization
- Stay up-to-day and apply emergent approaches and best practices in the design and development of innovative and modern learning experiences and industry changes
- Contribute to the L&D monthly newsletter and blog
- Lead, manage, and perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Back up New Employee Orientation Facilitator
Consideration for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Learning and Organization Development or related fields from an accredited college/university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- In addition to education requirements, a minimum of five (5) years' experience delivering engaging learning content with demonstrated knowledge in the Learning and Development environment(consultancy, needs assessment, evaluation, design and development) with employee professional development, management and leadership curriculums and programs
- Solid experience facilitating in-person, virtual and hybrid environments
- Demonstrated skills and experience using adult learning theory and instruction design methodology to develop learning with focus on management and leadership development
- Solid experience in account management/business partnering in the Learning & Development field
- Highly resourceful and supportive team-player with ability to collaborate to help team and others succeed and deliver
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and cultivate relationships with colleagues, managers, senior, executive leadership and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, can multi-task and work independently on projects to deliver outstanding results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office applications with ability to manage knowledge sharing environments
- Outstanding organization, verbal and writing skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Ideally holds a SHRM or HRCI qualification relevant to L&D, or equivalent
- Certifications in one or more tools/programs such as DDI, MBTI, SDI, CliftonStrengths or Situational Leadership
- ICF accredited coach certification and experience coaching and mentoring within a corporate environment
- Certification such as Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD); Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD); Training & Facilitation Certificate; and Instructional Design Certification
- Experience with Learning Management Systems, preferably Cornerstone
- Strong work ethic with a "can do" attitude to flex and adapt with changes in business priorities
- Commitment to providing quality and positive customer service
- Strong analytical skills
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Similar development executive jobs in frederick md
- development executive jobs jobs near me
- development jobs near me
- Senior Software Developer/ Software Development Manager /Web Development Manager at Pyramid Consulting Inc
- Research & Development Director at HR Strategy Group, LLC
- Software Development Manager- Hybrid Role at Music and Arts
- Senior software developer at Pyramid Consulting, Inc
- Sr Business Development Manager at Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Learning & Development Partner (hybrid/remote onsite opportunity) at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research
- Software Development Manager at Guitar Center