Senior Quality Engineer, 3PL Quality (on-site)
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
The Senior Quality Engineer will provide tactical leadership for day-to-day Quality functions, work to ensure and maintain the Quality Signature for the facility, provide leadership to solve logistic value stream quality challenges to ensure success and customer satisfaction and lead projects associated with Quality Logistics to include but not limited to QCPC, Quality Reviews, Internal Audits, CAR Management, and escape investigations. The Senior Quality Engineer plays a highly visible, key leadership role in ensuring the successful execution of the Clinic Process. This position also offers an exciting opportunity to grow professionally and broaden capabilities, while leading Quality Investigations and Quality Improvement teams.
The ideal candidate is one that is an independent self-starter, has high energy, can work well with others, and can lead by influence.
The Senior Quality Engineer will report to the Sr. Quality Manager for the Southern Logistics Center with responsibilities that include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinates the escape management process for logistics organization, which includes population bounding, creation / closure of inspection lots, identifying robust systemic root cause, QN task disposition and follow-up on the implementation of corrective/preventive actions by PW and/or the 3PL organization.
- Facilitation and coaching of cross-functional problem resolution team (PRTs) for escapes and Clinic Assists for high pain organizational issues
- Foster and maintain cooperative relationship with all levels of the value stream and leverages clinic-to-clinic interaction across PW enterprise
- Improve RCCA proficiency throughout assigned organization
- Maintain Quality Clinic and individual certifications
- Support the maintenance of all clinic metrics
- Maintain CORE discipline certification
- Obtain ODA certification
- Completes internal auditor training and performs assigned audits per the established schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field required (e.g., Engineering, Physical Sciences, Manufacturing, Quality)
- 5+ years of experience in Quality, Manufacturing and/or Engineering with a minimum of 3 years in the aerospace industry
- US citizenship required due to government contracts
- Proficiency in utilizing Root Cause Corrective Action(RCCA) tools
- Familiarity with the 8D process
- Ability to lead others, develop and execute action plans, influence decisions and drive change
- Results focused work ethic to resolve issues in a timely manner
- High energy, dynamic individual who strives for continuous improvement
- Knowledge of nonconforming material management processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as, strong presentation, planning, problem solving, organizational, project management and decision-making skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and SAP
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment.
This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.