Senior Data Engineer, Solutions Architect - US Remote
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers-skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects-and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals. Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise.
The Senior Data Engineer (Solutions Architect) provides data scientists, analytics engineers, business analysts, and reporting and analysis tools with timely, accurate, reliable data and infrastructure solutions. Degreed amasses a high volume of structured and unstructured data in multiple production systems. In this role, you'll be part of a team that owns designing and building data infrastructure and data pipelining that data together into various repositories to enable reporting, data analysis, efficient data architecture, and data modeling. Short-term objectives will be implementing solutions to quickly increase the team's ability to connect to various data sources and model data needs via batch process to deliver data quality, reporting, and business goals.
This position will report to the Manager of Data Engineering.
Day in the Life
- Focus on infrastructure, data architecture, governance, pipelines, and data modeling to support and grow our global data platform.
- Partner with internal teams (Data Science, Analytics, Integrations, and Reporting) that utilize our data to define business requirements and design data solutions that will address their needs.
- Collaborate with team members to design, implement, and support data warehouse and ELT/ETL development to provide structured and timely access to models.
- Design, deploy, and maintain services on a scalable platform to support our business's growing Azure-based data infrastructure.
- Partner with SecurityOps to assist with privacy information needs.
- Provide feedback to product teams surrounding data-related technical issues and support.
- Contribute and improve data governance, architecture, integrity, standards, and monitoring process.
- Actively involved in providing feedback to peers through code reviews and mentoring.
- Be a part of the on-call rotation to support and troubleshoot production issues.
Who You Are
- 6+ Data Engineering, including Data Modeling (including developing conceptual, logical, and physical data models), design, quality ETL/ELT, Data Lakes, and Data Warehousing and building Data Platforms on cloud-based infrastructures (Azure preferred).
- 6+ years working with SQL such as SQL Server, Postgres, MySql
- 5+ years of experience writing performant, maintainable, and scalable Python services
- 5+ years of experience with one or more data pipeline platforms like Airflow, Stitch, Spark, or others
- Knowledge of how to apply agile methodologies and iterative development to data warehouse/processing solutions.
- Hands-on experience creating, deploying, and maintaining CI/CD-enabled high-availability production services
- Strong ability to interact with all people at all levels of the organization
- Deep understanding of Infrastructures such as Storage, Networking, and Hardware optimization
What Sets You Apart
- Strong experience building Data Warehouse Platforms using technologies such as Snowflake, Meltano, and dbt.
- Experience working with environment and deployment automation, infrastructure-as-code, deployment data pipeline specification, and development using utilities like Github Actions.
- Architecture description
Total Rewards at Degreed
We believe your best work happens when you have a complete life balance, and Degreed gives you the support and flexibility to make that happen. Degreed is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides the support you need. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits:
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (both PPO and HDHP plans available)
- Dental and vision plans for you and your family
- Employer-paid life insurance, AD&D, short-term disability, and long-term disability
- Company equity
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with up to 4% match
- Company funded HSA and dependent care FSA (pending eligibility)
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Paid Time Off and 5 sick days per year
- Education benefit: Up to $1,200 per year for anything you want to learn (and we mean anything)!
- One-time Home Office Stipend to make your workspace more comfortable
- Monthly internet and phone stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend through Forma
*Degreed reserves the right to modify these benefits at any time, for any reason in accordance with applicable law. Please note the offerings vary based on location.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Degreed is a remote-first company, however our roles are open to in-office or flex work if you live in a city with a physical office location (when it is safe to return to the office). This role has the opportunity to operate 100% virtually from your home office. We primarily collaborate with our US and International colleagues through virtual meetings (Zoom), email, and Slack. In this role, you will be required to operate a laptop computer (PC or Mac available), computer software platforms, and other office productivity machinery as necessary. Due to the nature of this role, you must be able to remain stationary for extended periods, and must be able to observe and interpret written and/or verbal communication.
Degreed provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Degreed will provide reasonable accommodations to all qualified individuals with disabilities to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Degreed uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Similar principal technical architect jobs in new york
- principal technical architect jobs jobs near me
- solutions architect jobs near me
- Principal Solutions Architect at Brooksource
- Principal Architect at Northwestern Mutual
- Senior Manager, Solutions Architect (Remote-Eligible) at Capital One
- Solution Architect at Capco
- Solution Architect at Ivalua
- Lead Solutions Architect (Remote) at EmblemHealth
- Solution Architect at ITExpertUS