Capital Program Development:
- Provides input to the development of the Transmission Business capital budget
- Identifies, initiates, and prioritizes projects for inclusion in the one-year and five-year Capital Budget Plan
- Works with Engineering, Project Management, and Cost Estimating to develop detailed project scope, cost, and schedule.
- Leads interdisciplinary project team to select the best solution, document alternatives analysis, and present project approval justifications to the Solution Design Committee and/or Eversource Project Approval Committee
Transmission and Substation Equipment Performance:
- Develops operational strategies for the utilization of asset resources, considering asset life cycle planning and risk analysis.
- Analyzes Transmission system reliability, including goal setting, reporting, and System Operations Review Committee activities
- Develops and issues transmission system performance measures; identifies gaps and opportunities for future project performance improvements.
- Facilitates the creation and maintenance of the Transmission asset database
- Implements and supports tri-state processes for consistent collection and management of asset data
- Performs asset data analysis to support asset management strategies and equipment replacement programs.
- Communicates the Asset Management strategy throughout Eversource and to external parties as necessary.
- Facilitates Transmission & Substation benchmarking efforts
- Identifies best practices and opportunities for future improvement.
- Oversees the development of asset strategies, tools, and procedures for managing Transmission assets.
- Knowledge of transmission power system planning, engineering, maintenance, and operations.
- Strong background in process improvement.
- A combination of strong technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Understanding of the New England Regulatory environment and the impact for the Transmission Business.
- Ability to interpret and analyze financial documents.
- Ability to understand and utilize economic, financial and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identify key issues, and develop strategies and plans.
- Working knowledge of information technology and use of Eversource s office automation and information systems.
- Ability to enhance internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to make formal presentations and translate technical information into terms that are meaningful to the audience.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Ability to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft Excel databases and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL or similar programming ability) is highly desirable.
Experience: Six (6) to eight (8) years of related experience is required. Experience in the technical, operational or engineering aspects of the electric utility industry is strongly preferred. Experience in one or more aspects of the job is required and transmission experience is strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications: None
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers needs is part of every employee s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.