Remote Senior Software Support Engineer. Job in St Paul Gr8Jobs
Join a team that puts its People First Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit
We are looking for full stack expert .NET Software Support Engineer with strong development background that are always learning, supporting our business applications, and adapting to the ever-evolving technical landscape.
- Ability to understand code and to write your own for automation tasks
- Experience with handling and supporting live production incidents.
- Excellent application debugging and infrastructure troubleshooting skills.
- Collaborate with development and operations team to ensure availability and reliability of the application and infrastructure.
- Serve as an escalation point for other Systems Administrators, Engineers, and other technology teams in the resolution of server and system problems.
- Monitor application performance and make recommendations to improve overall application proficiency.
- Investigate and resolve production issues with application and environment.
- Deep dive and conduct root cause analysis of application problems and provide resolution in a timely manner
- Contribute to process improvements with an automation focus
- Fine tune existing or develop new custom internal tools for application monitoring.
- Triage, prioritize, and resolve or escalate inbound support cases in timely manner.
- Contribute to knowledge base to disseminate product knowledge throughout the company.
- Participate in weekend on-call rotation for production support.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Constantly updating personal technical and business knowledge and skills and mentoring others to increase the knowledge and skills of the team
- Strong organizational and Project Management skills
- Requires Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 5+ years of hand-on experience in application and technical support role in live production environment.
- Experience developing and supporting web-based, web services, and database driven applications
- Experience in API management tools like Akana, Mashery, Apigee
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure performance using standard performance monitoring tools (Perfmon, ProcDum, DebugDiag, JMeter, JCconsole, etc.)
- Experience in working with AWS stack.
- Experience with automation using PowerShell, Python Scripting or similar technologies.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Extensive experience with Splunk or similar log monitoring tools
- Experience with AppDynamics and CloudWatch or similar APM monitoring (New Relic, DynaTrace, etc.)
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Technologies C# .NET 4.5 or above, SQL Server 2016
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
Similar technical support engineer jobs in st. paul mn
- technical support engineer jobs jobs near me
- software support jobs near me
- IT Cloud Support Engineer at Insight Global
- Digital Support Engineer at Trane Technologies
- Software Development Engineer I - Support at NextEra Energy
- IT Systems Support Specialist at American Engineering Testing Inc
- Support Engineer at Cleo
- Network Support Engineer at Axelon Services Corporation
- Network Technician at TEKsystems