SLED Regional Director, North Central Region - Opportunity for Working Remotely
sled director working remotely sales team vmware sled strategy digital growth community engagements drive
November 19, 2022
- Our why is to innovate and transform our customer business. Our purpose is to connect people, exchange ideas, provide insights and improve the way everything can be done in the world. We do this by enabling technology for good.
- VMware streamlines the journey for organizations to become digital businesses that deliver better experiences to their customers and empower employees to do their best work no matter where they are. Since our founding in 1998, our employees and our large ecosystem partners have been behind the technology innovations transforming entire industries-from banking, healthcare, and government to retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, and transportation.
- Every day, we work to solve our customers' toughest challenges through disruptive technologies like edge computing, artificial intelligence, blockchain, machine learning, Kubernetes and more-to define the digital foundation that will accelerate the next wave of innovation. Our software and services span Application Modernization, Cloud, Networking & Security and Digital Workspace to achieve this.
- We are looking for an individual with proven sales management experience.
- Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
- Within 30 days, understanding and supporting an incredible SLED sales team. You will be bringing innovative thinking to support the team and meet the future horizon direction. You will be creating and sharing ideas with your peers and broader ecosystem to support and grow the business.
- Within 60 days, creating a model for sustainable growth, developing the activity that supports healthy pipeline and delivers our targets. You will be meeting customers and supporting the development of customer centric value propositions that will transform a customer's business. You will be in the field supporting and coaching account directors.
- Within 90 days, you will be creating and supporting a team culture of execution, purpose, innovative thinking, diversity & inclusiveness as well as customer centricity. You will be facilitating community and helping to develop plans for account directors to support their future direction.
- From there you will be a key part of the enterprise leadership team, facilitating collaborative engagements between partners and customers to support greater revenue streams. Help bring a strategy focus and best practices to support sustainable growth. Influencing and aligning resources to support your team and your business to achieve greater outcomes.
- The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Be the front line executive, building, developing and managing a sales team, taking responsibility for driving new business and developing the territory.
- Design and implement competitive strategies based on past practice and knowledge of effective sales methodologies whilst creating and implementing a sales strategy aligning with regional and overall SLED business direction to meet set sales targets within given deadlines.
- Regular two way communication and review with sales staff regarding their account strategies, forecasts, methodologies and support them through customer engagements.
- Establish and position VMware as a thought leader in these areas and drive team collaboration with internal resources such as technical, marketing, and professional services to support customer needs, sales strategy, and overall business growth.
- Influence strategy, engagement, channel, and customer interactions at a director level across the business
- Facilitate collaborative engagements between partners and customers to drive incremental revenue, strong relationships and high levels of customer satisfaction whilst maintaining alignment with the business direction.
- Leverage VMware's SLED sales teams and partner network to accelerate go-to-market for the specialist solution sets
- Coach and drive the use of Value Selling sales methodologies including VMware sales tools and process as amended from time to time, to communicate, report, track and manage sales opportunities.
- Represent the company at conferences and networking events to deliver corporate and value proposals to build customer relations.
- Coach and develop the team on continual improvement to achieve and exceed quotas and bookings
- Effectively aligns and leverages internal and external resources to resolve complex issues and scale the business through collaboration with the
- VMware Channel community
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
- As part of VMware SLED West, this team will be one of 5 sub-regions rolling up to the West Region Sr. Director. Our culture and guiding principles are made up of 3 pillars; Dream Big, Discipline, and Joy! Come join us and be a part of this SLED rocket ship at VMware. This role will travel at least 50% of the time.
- What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
- Commission with incentives and accelerators.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement
Report this job
Similar director of business jobs in indiana
- director of business jobs jobs near me
- Director of Business Development, Sponsorships and Advertising at CEDIA
- Marketing Director/Business Development at Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Director of Business Development at Veryable
- Director of Enterprise Program Management Office at Hitachi Rail
- Director of Product Management at Bastian Solutions
- Director of Commercial Operations – River at Ports of Indiana
- Senior Director, Business Development and Marketing at Singota Solutions