Remote Senior Technical Architect
Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
This role will use Agile methodologies to create modern and advanced data architect and solutions. Responsibilities include research and design of high-performance data architect and capability and Big Data technologies. This lead resource will partner closely with data scientists, engineers, and business stakeholders to deeply understand what problems needed to be solved, as well as recommending and implementing proper architecture and assess data solutions that align with business goals and our overall architecture.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset with the ability to process qualitative data to draw insightful conclusions from data and have a solid technical and systems background.
- Develop and maintain data architecture strategy and roadmap in alignment with business objective and vision
- Assess new products and methods, develop and implement appropriate data practices across multiple applications, operating systems, hardware platforms and delivery models (Cloud and Internally hosted)
- Lead proof of concept on data solutions to support enterprise data platform
- Establish and promote data architecture standards and best practice
- Assess user requirements and provide appropriate data architecture recommendations and justifications
- Analyze requirements specified by businesses and/or users and design the appropriate data structures to support those requirements
- Provide oversight on CICD pipelines design and implementation to reliably and efficiently serve relevant data assets
- Lead data modeling from logical to physical
- Assess, develop, and lead data integration from all business applications to enterprise data platform to create enterprise data ecosystem
- Lead cost optimization options of SaaS solution from Data Architecture perspective
- Champion efforts to improve business performance through enterprise information management solutions and capabilities, such as master data management (MDM), metadata management, analytics, content management, data integration, and related information management or information infrastructure components
- Design API solutions that integrate various platform with internal data structures
- Provide recommendation on improving data jobs and standards including error handling, alerts and notifications, and data quality
- Coordinate with various teams, including internal and external partners involved in applications modernization initiatives
- Lead data architecture design for Business Intelligence Solutions
- Experience in designing data models
- Deep knowledge of domain driven design and event-driven architecture
- Demonstrated experience developing reference architecture, principles, and standards
- Ability to translate business problems into architectural design recommendations and decisions
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with IT, information security, and business users and work with diverse project teams
- Strong Digital transformation and Data Analysis Skills
- Strong background in structured, semi-structured, non-structured data; and data lakes with purpose driven data stores
- Ability to develop, deliver, and manage complex API integrations between various platforms
- Ability and willingness to operate in a highly cross-functional environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work well with others
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information System, or related work experience
- 10+ years of business intelligence or big data engineering experience
- Hands-on Experience in Snowflake
- Exceptional SQL skills
- Experience with data replication and/or ETL software, such as Talend, Qlik, is highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of technical approaches in design, build, testing and debugging problems related to data and analytical solutions
- Must be intellectually curious and motivated to learn continually.
- Experience with open-source technologies and distributed data processing
- Expertise in data modeling including 3NF, Dimensional and Data Vault, ELT processes, and OLAP technologies
- Experience with building data integrations using APIs, streaming technologies (Spark, Kafka) and other data integration patterns
- Knowledge and experience working with statistical models a big plus
- Experience working on cloud environments
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools a plus
- Experience working with Python, R or Java code a plus
- Experience with Git or other version controls
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
Similar brand management jobs in monterey park ca
- brand management jobs jobs near me
- technical architect jobs near me
- VP of Marketing, Americas at Dr. Martens Plc
- Market Financial Center Manager - Downtown Los Angeles Market at Bank of America
- Paid Media Manager (Monterey Park) at Italki
- Learning and Development Manager at Takeda Pharmaceutical
- Growth Marketing Manager - App Store Optimization (La Puente) at Perfect World Co.
- Director of Rooms at Highgate Hotels
- Business Development Manager at goblusky