Account Executive III (Central US Region) - REMOTE
For people drawn to serving others through their work, PSCU is a place to thrive, as we serve our credit union members best by taking care of each other first.
If you want to help shape an industry, challenge yourself, and invest in your own future, this is the place for you. PSCU is a highly accessible environment where you're empowered to think on your feet, work from your heart, and discover the very best version of your professional and personal self. Our Momentum. Your Moment.
This application is the first step in seizing your moment.
The basic function of the Account Executive III position is to raise the focus of relationship development with our largest revenue generating and strategically important Member-Owner Credit Unions to a perceived level of trusted partner and consulted advisor. The objective is to create an environment with our Member-Owners of unprecedented loyalty, endorsement, revenue growth, and dominant market share. This position requires strong knowledge and skill in the ability to both build a strategic plan with PSCU's Member-Owner Credit Unions and deliver on that plan by assembling a team of PSCU's best people and solutions to help achieve the goals set by our Member-Owners. Competency in the ability to deliver knowledge and skill in the following areas is critical to the success of the person in this position: PSCU's products, services, organizational process improvements, risk mitigation capabilities, financial performance, industry trends, and legislative and regulatory compliance.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- This position serves as the enterprise PSCU relationship manager for PSCU's largest revenue generating and strategically important member owner credit unions.
- Primarily through onsite visits, proactively meet and consult with credit union senior executives to develop strategic opportunities to extend the partnership and increase portfolio performance, demonstrating appropriate sense of urgency; continually monitor and communicate value of PSCU products/solutions, and demonstrate the value of the PSCU partnership with assigned credit unions.
- Responsible for consistently delivering the Strategic Business Review to all assigned clients showing the value of PSCU's products and solutions which includes participating in strategic planning and taking a broad perspective to deliver relevant payment and ecommerce industry expertise.
- Align strategically the credit union's goals and objectives to PSCU's products and services to maximize PSCU's Value Proposition.
- Strategic focus is key as well as identifying growth opportunities while utilizing a consultative sales approach that ensures credit union business objectives are met and performance metrics of payment portfolios are maximized.
- Evaluate and understand market intelligence that may impact PSCU's product offering or sales approach and report significant industry changes to PSCU management.
- Prepare proposals, negotiate contractual relationships with credit unions, and propose and negotiate new and renewal term agreements; prepare and deliver accurate and timely proposals, pricing comparisons, proformas and program analyses.
- Maintain and grow revenue for their assigned book of business including generating lead opportunities for additional line of business sales.
- Meet or exceed established revenue growth goals from the sale of new products and services and by enhancing overall portfolio performance.
- Develop, solidify and maintain strong account relationships that result in excellent credit union satisfaction scores as reflected in periodic surveys; act as primary management point of contact for credit union for strategic initiatives and escalated issue resolution; support credit union's designated executive sponsor and advocate internally at PSCU.
- Assists or participates in various regional meetings that promote PSCU's products and services.
- Prepare and deliver effective and influential presentations at PSCU sponsored events, credit union staff and Board of Directors meetings, advisory groups and other functions as may be required.
- Maintain open lines of communication with VP of Account Management and SVP of Account Management and report any contract renewals that are in jeopardy with a plan of action of how to retain the business.
- Timely escalation of potential relationship issues to appropriate internal PSCU leaders to determine appropriate ownership and accountability for resolution.
- Actively review client landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing PSCU business; proactively manage, prioritize and engage sales leads.
- Maintain current knowledge of payment industry trends and innovation, and PSCU products and solutions; maintain current knowledge of card, ecommerce, payments, and credit union industry related to Visa, MasterCard, First Data, PSCU, and competitors.
- Collaborate with product team regarding new product development for credit union and consumer opportunities; coordinate interdivisional and interdepartmental communications related to serving clients with new and existing products/solutions.
- Must interact positively and professionally in all interactions with PSCU staff, clients, and business constituents.
- Continuously review landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to growing PSCU business.
- In conjunction with assigned Service Executives, serve as liaison for product implementations, program start-ups, and other major projects as necessary; maintain close working relationship with internal departments to ensure smooth and open communications.
- Responsible for maintaining and keeping current account plans for all assigned credit unions in Salesforce, ensuring opportunities are updated and maintaining accurate records for assigned portfolio of credit unions.
- Ensure information is current and entered into PSCU client database in a timely fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds
- Individuals with a disability who are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job may request a reasonable accommodation through the Human Resources department.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years marketing, business development, consulting, sales or relationship management experience required.
- Minimum ten (10) years of B2B / B2BC experience required.
- Financial Services or Consulting experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrate behaviors based on PSCU values: Excellence, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Trust and Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with senior level executives at large financial institutions; strong strategic account management and consultation and relationship cross-selling skills
- Ability to identify strategic initiatives and demonstrated track record of planning, managing, and closing a complex, competitive sales effort
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats and give presentations utilizing various audiovisual support aids
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent reasoning and analytical skills; strong executive presentation, problem solving, and negotiation skills with ability to influence decisions of others
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when making decisions that has monetary impact on PSCU and client
- Must interact positively and professionally at all levels of management and staff within PSCU, clients, and vendors
- Proficiency in word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet computer software applications
- Knowledge of payments, ecommerce, credit, and debit card industry and related operations preferred; knowledge of card-processing platform preferred
- Ability to interpret P&L Statement, NCUA 5300 Call Report and monthly financial statements
- Experience with managing client relationships involving $3.5 million + in annual revenue
- Ability to travel as needed, 41-50%
PSCU is committed to pay equity and a competitive benefits package. The hiring amount for this position based on relevant experience and internal equity; the pay range is:$83,500.00
*Note: The amount shown is based on full time annual salary and would be prorated based on role.
In addition this position is eligible for an incentive plan, based on performance.
At PSCU, everything we do recognizes the fact that our employees are our most important asset. That's why we are committed to a work/life integration that goes above and beyond to ensure that you have quality time at home with your family and/or to pursue outside interests and aspirations. We back this up with generous PTO, the opportunity to work remotely, flexible scheduling, and a management team that understands how to adjust when the unexpected curveballs of life happen.
Check out the comprehensive benefits PSCU has to offer that further solidifies our reputation as a company that just gets it when it comes to balancing life's planned and unplanned events while equipping you with all the tools for growth.
Beautiful, state-of-the-art campuses
Endless opportunities for advancement
Generous paid time off and paid holidays
Our benefits package includes:
Medical with telemedicine, no-cost diabetes supply program, and expert medical opinion services
Dental and Vision
Basic and Optional Life Insurance
Company Paid Disability Insurance
401k (with employer match)
Health Savings Accounts (HSA) with company provided contributions
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Adoption Assistance Plan
Mental Health and Well-being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Mental health and Well-being: Virtual mental health support and resources
Back-up child care program
Benefits are subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
If this position requires you, now or in the future, to perform your function or report onsite at a PSCU location or travel on behalf of PSCU, entry procedure and Covid protocols are in place that will require your adherence as a condition of employment. PSCU manages these procedures and protocols requiring your use of third party digital applications, in compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
Please Note: For roles with certain levels of travel and/or company car usage, PSCU will require a completed Motor Vehicle Record Check, valid driver's license, and proof of insurance at time of hire and annually.
All applications are reviewed by an AIRS Certified Diversity and Inclusion Recruiter. Learn more about our commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion HERE!
As a matter of operational management limitations and business administrative process parameters, remote position assignments at PSCU are geographically restricted to where PSCU currently operates. As a result, we are unable to proceed with applications from those state residents. Applicants are encouraged to apply for other available opportunities for which they qualify.
PSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status , or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
PSCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following "EEO is the Law" Poster and the "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement . PSCU will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the legal duty to furnish information.
For positions based out of our Phoenix, Arizona location, PSCU is an E-Verify Employer. Please click here for the E-Verify Poster in English or Spanish . For information regarding your Right To Work, please click here for English or Spanish .
As an ongoing commitment to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities, PSCU has established alternative methods to complete the application process. Disabled applicants needing assistance are encouraged to submit resumes via our careers page submission button If further assistance is required.