Senior IT Director, Business Relationship Manager (Global Finance Function) - Remote
Bring your talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions - we're a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to be a part of technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare.
Join us for a career in IT that changes lives.
Medtronic is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture.
CAREERS THAT CHANGE LIVES
A Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is a senior-level, strategic IT partner who shares ownership of both business strategy and business value results. The BRM owns executive-level relationships and serves as a single point of focus, working to converge Information Technology in support, specifically, of our Global Finance Function. This is achieved by stimulating, surfacing, and shaping demand for capabilities and assets, in addition to, ensuring that the potential business value from those capabilities and assets are captured, optimized, and recognized.
Through effective relationship management capabilities, the BRM contributes to the business partner leadership team by actively partnering with business peers to determine strategic direction. They work to identify ways in which the BRMs function can support and advance business objectives.
Additionally, the BRM shapes business demand into supply by 1) partnering with appropriate resources to facilitate the creation of idea documents, business cases, and value plans; 2) ensuring value optimization and communication; and 3) enabling continuous improvement in all areas and people around them. The BRM is accountable, both strategically and tactically, for all IT services and delivery to their stakeholder community.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Strategic Partnering and Strategy
- Partner with function leaders and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to understand their functional strategies, needs, and requirements that will advance business performance.
- Partner with functional leadership to shape and plan new initiatives, evaluate proposals, and determine fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
- Think strategically by identifying functional opportunities and the best-suited position for the functions adoption within the stakeholder organization. Measure adoption and work with leadership teams to develop future roadmap and opportunities.
- Identify and integrate stakeholders' long-range plans into strategic roadmaps and priorities, as appropriate.
- Build and manage the relationship team to ensure convergence and strategic partnering with the functional stakeholder community.
- Be creative and innovative with regards to your knowledge and awareness of industry trends and digital advances as they relate to new opportunities and needs.
- Share ownership of the BRMs functional operating and project/program budget at a functional level and perform accurate budgeting and forecasting across operations and projects or programs.
Partnership and Delivery
- Lead as the strategic interface between Global IT and functional stakeholder community to stimulate, surface, and shape demand and ensure that the potential value from those assets and capabilities is captured, realized, optimized, and recognized.
- Proactively communicate and amplify Global Finance's functional strategies throughout IT to ensure IT alignment to Global Finance's strategies.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the MDT Finance global function, and build positive relationship development, both horizontally and vertically.
- Ensure value realization and optimization, from value plans through consultancy, business case development, financial awareness, managing expectations, and identifying opportunities to add value.
- Ensure project and initiative progress, including consistent and effective communication. This includes managing escalation and avoiding risk.
- Measure and communicate value realized with the stakeholder community on a periodic basis.
Bachelor's degree required
Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience with 10+ years of managerial experience, or Advanced Degree with a minimum 13 years relevant IT experience, minimum of 10 years of managerial experience
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience serving as a BRM for a global function
- Experience with multiple Finance functions & technologies, such as FP&A, Treasury, Audit, Tax, and Corporate Development.
- Ability to listen, build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner vertically within the business unit, as well as with leadership and functional teams
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to map joint organizational vision and long-term thinking, imagination, and idea generation
- Experience with business architecture
- Energy, focus, assertiveness, and diplomacy
- Knowing when to push an agenda and when to let a situation develop, rest, or advance
- Highly developed communication skills across the entire stakeholder community
- Highly skilled and experienced at negotiating conflict and problem-solving to achieve win-win outcomes
- Exceptional ability to lead change using positive and collaborative methods
- Setting the standard for business management
- Leading by example, mentoring, and motivating others
- Ability to set expectations with stakeholders and effectively leverage governance for a positive partner experience
- Ability to influence and break down silos within an organization as well across organizations
- Ability to focus on value results, rather than solutions
- Technical aptitude, requirements management, process focus, and the ability to assess and articulate risk variables
- Proven track record delivering exceptional IT results/outcomes, leveraging SDLC and other industry disciplines
- Understand and integrate functional strategies and trends in technology to deliver value
- Be able to influence others, using personal rather than positional power
- Strong communication skills in writing, speaking, and presenting
- An outside-in focus - Outstanding end customer/consumer relationship skills
- Solid working experience within the IT discipline
- Proven experience driving innovation to evolve stakeholder vision
- Strong experience with data to enhance stakeholder results
- Strong humility, listening, creativity, and negotiation skills
- Accept and drive a culture of shared ownership
Experience within a regulated industry, specifically submission and approval of medical products
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Similar director of business jobs in minnesota
- director of business jobs jobs near me
- business relationship manager jobs near me
- Senior Manager/Director Tax - Technology at Wipfli LLP
- Senior Manager, Business Integration - Business Intelligence (full time remote or hybrid) at Target
- Senior Director, Corporate Compliance at CHS INC
- CDC Business Transformation Director - Community Finance Solutions at U.S. Bank
- Director of Finance at Evolve Additive Solutions
- Senior Director, Business Development - INDOPACOM - Asia/Pacific - (TS Clearance Required - Remote) at Immersive Wisdom
- Innovation Director - R&D at Illinois Tool Works