Referral Coordinator (Remote)
UF Health Jacksonville Remote
coordinator remote insurance providers patients certifications clinic module ancillary ancillary services meeting customer satisfaction age groups
January 19, 2023
UF Health Jacksonville
St. Johns County, FL
Job Opening Summary
This position is responsible for processing referral requests for all providers practicing within the clinic module and ensuring that when needed, referral/authorization numbers are obtained for these services. Access to specialty and ancillary services is a key component of the satisfaction of our patients and referring providers. The responsibilities of this position are extremely important in meeting or exceeding customer satisfaction.
Job Opening Qualifications
Age of Patients Served:
All Age Groups.
High School Diploma or GED.
1. Knowledge of insurance plans and guidelines;
2. Ability to obtain authorizations and pre-certifications from insurance plans;
3. Excellent customer service skills;
4. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment;
5. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing;
6. Above average organizational skills.
ICD-9 and CPT coding preferred. Completion of a medical terminology course preferred.
One (1) year experience with third party payors.
Minimum of two (2) years experience in a physician office with extensive patient registration, front desk and insurance experience and knowledge.
Report this job